Advertising Server???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XeonX667

MouseLike
Aug 3, 2000
Montreal,Canada
Here's my problem, I have 2 pcs on a Lan thru a Hub. Both have Win98. The 1st pc has the cable modem while pc#2 uses Internet Connection Sharing(ICS) that came with Win98. Playing via Lan is no problem.

When my friend tries to connect to my IP, he cant.(is there somekind of port address to add after the IP?)He has 56k.
Where as, when i try to connect to him using his Ip, it works!!Laggy but atleast it worked.

I had in the server options "Advertise Server" clicked.
Also had "Optimize for Lan" UNclicked.

So my question is, how come he can't join my game?

blood_red_carpet

Experienced [KILLER]
hmmmmmmmmm

the problem may lie in the hub....i have a similar problem.......it could also be your ISP...some questions...have you seen your server listed on the UT internet games list? which pc do you play on and which one hosts the server? i have a MediaOne cable modem and a linksys router and am encountering problems in both areas....see the posts by me and by P733....we are all talking about the same ****.

XeonX667

MouseLike
Aug 3, 2000
Montreal,Canada
well...

I dont think that when you create a server(opening your ip so others can join)that you will see it in the list along with all the others.Read that in anthor post dont remember where. Its not my hub.
any other solutions?