Anyone have a answer to this problem????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{950}Slayer|PuF

Master of the Paddle
Jul 23, 2000
Madison Wisconsin
Visit site
http://bbs.cetus.net/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001169.html

thanks!!
imulandmine.gif
icon_smile_lachuh.gif

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
The answer is......

I don't know. :)
I've never used that voice pack, and now it looks like I would never bother to, if it has that problem. Have you tried to contact the person who composed the pack?

soyrico

Apr 2, 2000
Visit site
Hi,

I don't use the "Voice pack", what ever that is. But the message seems pretty clear. The engine simply discovered that an audio file (loop) was longer than it should be. (Probably infinite). This could be a flaw in the voice pack or it could be that one of the files installed by the voice pack is damaged.

BTW, a system hang in this case is probably nothing more than the engine actually trying to loop audio infinitely. The fact that the engine doesnt always discover this problem doesnt surprise me. I love UT but it is buggy.

I have seen similar problems. And I bet you have too. Ever get into some s**t with some guy with a mini only to have the sound of his mini continue forever? Probably a related problem. Unterminated audio loop.

What can you do about it? Have Epic fix it. Until then I wouldn't use that Voice pack thingy.

Thanks

Jim
bodkins@prologic.com

P.S.

Notice that this involved netcode. :) The netcode is broken ;) , we all know that.