Which way is up???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
Hi all,

I am working on a Space station CTF map and its basically a long central vertical cylinder with a hollow sphere at the mid point and 4 rings (2 at each end).

The rings are each connected to the central cylinder with 2 glass passage ways each and the 2 Inner rings are connected to the central sphere with 2 water conduits each. Now I have the water zones working correctly Holding the water where I want it) but I cant get the UP direction right for half the map.

The map is supposed to be a vertical/symetrical CTF map but with one team seemingly standing on the ceiling to an outside observer. I can get the gravity right by changing it from -950 to +950 in that zone info but you wind up standing on your head and I need to know how to flip the zone orientation so that you stand on your feet upside down from the normal direction. The switch point will be in the spherical water tank at the mid point.

In advance properties I have tried changing bDirectional to True then pointing the arrow in the oposite direction but it didnt work.

Anyone know how to do this and can it be done without multiple portals?

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
You'll have to use portals (or scripting, but that would require you to automatically start a mutator that enables this, and if you have more than these two directions of gravity, it'd have to be proprietary to the map). There's no way around this in the ZoneInfo properties.

Zaphrod

Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
I got it working (sort of). I split the map in half and turned the top upside down so both zones are the same way around and put a warp zone between them. Now the only problem is getting all the zones to work exactly right, I either get half the map filled with water or I get a HoM at the warp zone for half the map but at least I am on the right track and now just some adjustment of the warp zones should fix the problems. anyway thanks for the replies. If anyone knows an easy way to get rid of HoM's I could use the help.

Zaphrod

Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
This damn thing is driving me nuts. I put in warp zones and no matter how i try I cant get rid of the HoM. So i redo the whole map up to the point of connecting them with warp zones, I made sure everything was in perfect alignment and that the warp zones were the exact same size, the zone portals are aligned and i still cant get rid of the HoM without causing another problem. I thought i had it once beause i could see through the warp zone properly but when i entered it I wound up outside the map completely.

Does anyone know if there is a maximum size for portals and warp zones? I have the warp zone spanning the entire width and Breadth of the map but that is the only way it will look right because even though its an inside map there are windows all over the place.

Anyone?

Zaphrod

Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
OK, I got everything looking good now through trial and error and a little bit of cheating and everything is working almost perfectly.

The only thing that is wrong now is the warp zone, its under water and as you pass through it you take a breath which sucks because it makes it so you can make it through the water area without any trouble. I wanted to make it so you had to go out of your way to catch a breath or pick up a scuba rig somewhere.

Anyway I wouldn't mind it so much if you didnt actually know you caught a breath but there is that annoying breathing sound where there shouldn't be.

Its as if there is a small gap between the zones but my understanding was that warp zones were not supposed to be physical zones, the other thing is that there is a slight change in visual as you pass through the warp because of the difference in look between a water zone(which it is supposed to be) and an air zone (which it seems has snuck in somewhere). I tried adding water zone info in the warp zone but it had no effect.

Any ideas?