windows me sucks!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kokoru

Oct 8, 2000
wtf? i just d/led the UTBonusPack and ME doesnt reconize the .umod format. hm... how am i gonan d/l it? where is the unreal module i need to install it?!? windows98 installs it automaticlly. thanks

here are instructions on how to redo the file association for UMOD files. Windows ME doesn't suck. ;-)

------------

for Win9X operating systems (95/98/ME), to do this,

1) select "view" from the windows explorer or any open folder window. (for WinME it is under "tools")

2) go to "folder options."

3) hit the "file types" tab.

4) press "new types".

5) for Win98, a box will pop up. Fill it out as follows:

Description of type: Unreal Module
Associated extension: .umod
Content Type (MIME): application/umod
*Default Extension for Content Type: .umod

*= This should fill itself in once you've entered the "MIME" line.

Actions:
(select "New" and another window will pop up, fill it out as follows)
Action:
Install this module
*Application used to perform action:
D:\Games\UnrealTournament\system\setup.exe install "%1"

*= this is the folder I have unreal tournament installed in. yours may be different. copy the command line exactly, substituting your install folder

then press "okay". Highlight the option and click "set default."

if you want, you can also press "change icon" and point it to the unrealtournament.exe file so you can give it the cool "U" icon.

Then press "okay."

-------------

while I originally typed those instructions for 98, they're basically the same for ME.

revenge

Aug 27, 2000
Turkey/Ankara
ut.sanane.net
Or try this, it is also a Win 98 method but it should work with Win ME:

When the UMOD file is doubleclicked, there is a message box asking which program is associated with this type of files.
Select other and choose setup.exe which is located at C:\UnrealTournament\System(by default installation).

Revenge
UIN: 44551867
http://ut.sanane.net