Tutorial / FAQ for UT's IRC client?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
/me is pretty much a IRC newbie. By now I havn't used it much and know only the very basics.

Lately I found out that you can do pretty cool things with IRC in general and UT's IRC client especially, like ...
- finding out where a buddy is playing
- sending him a message to the server w/o logging in

I know, all you PuF'fers are IRC pros and knew this for long time.

What else is there to know about UT's IRC client? Any tips & tricks?
Is there a tutorial / FAQ somewhere on the web?

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
When starting ]LoL[, I was in charge of setting up an IRC channel for us.

I logged onto many websites and did a lot of searching. There's nothing I found that was an easy FAQ about it at all.

I find that if you download mIRC, and use it to log onto various networks and stuff, it's easier to learn than by using it on the chat supplied by UT.

I'm surprised you didn't have this stuff down pat. It'd make a GREAT section for utcleaned.

Our big expert in the whole IRC thing right now is WAnk. He's pretty good with that stuff.

Blowfish

Jul 17, 2000
New York City
mechanize.net
I used to get bothered by a lot of people sending me PM's to get an away reply from me. So I don't think a lot of people know that you can find out where someone is playing by doing /whois theirNick. Instead of PMing the person and bothering them

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Yes, I will extend the section in UT Cleaned when I've collected enough answers, tips and tricks. Right now it's only the absolute basics.

I'm learning more about UT's IRC every day now. :)

Just installed UT-mIRC and try to get our clan server admin to install UT-Reporter.

Are there more add-on tools for UT/IRC worth mentioning available out there?