OpenGL problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SilentStrike

Jun 18, 2000
Visit site
I just upgraded from 413 to 428 today. I got the OpenGL patch from lokigames. It is beautiful. I went from 40 fps online in 8x6x32 med/med in D3D with 413 to 60 FPS online at 10x8x32 high/high in OGL with 428 and det 3s with my GeForce MX. It's sweet as hell. Part of the reason is because OGL will exceed my monitors refresh rate when I am lookin at walls... but it is still a huge improvement in visual quality and framerate.

However, sometimes, about 1/3 of games during precaching I believe, the screen gets all screwed up. It shows the UT desktop one frame and then attempts to render the in game screen the next. It keeps alternating and makes closing UT really hard.

Also, sometimes when I fire there is a black box around the projectile that continually repeats as it travels farther, somewhat of am eyesore.

Anyone have any solutions to these problems?

tapped

May 14, 2000
Visit site
the black box around projectiles in opengl makes me think you're not really using loki's opengl, although you may think you are... that was always a problem with epic's opengl renderer.

if you're absolutely certain it's the loki patch that's being used, try uninstalling everything (UT) and reinstalling. UT is flaky about certain things. for most ppl, loki's patch is near-perfect.