WAV to UMX files?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
First, I ain't a newbie to the forums here :)

Second: I wonder... I downloaded UTamp and it's cool... but I thought how much cooler it would be if U can take a music file and make it into a UMX file so UTAmp can play it. Get what I'm saying? Frag to your fave music! If anyone knows how to change these files around, I'm in #planetunreal a lot (maybe more than I oughta be) :D So if you know how to do this, I'll send you the files to be changed over and then U can change em over... :D Thanks dudes!

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
nah, nah, nothing like that... I don't want to change the default music, just play different music... I wanna take wav/ra/rm/mp3 file types and make them UMX files so I can play my fave track while playing UT.... completely different thing :D

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
are you sure about that Cleaner? :)

you're probably right about it not being possible with a simple console command, but I don't think that means its not possible at all..

check out CTF-NoonRaid. when you start the map, the music is enigma.umx (I believe), and then when you score a cap.. the music turns to razor-ub.umx

if we have any uscript gurus hanging around, perhaps a clientside mutator of sorts could be made to change the music

Hollowman

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I use Winamp in the background when I want to listen to music while playing UT.

One thing though I think you have to open Winamp BEFORE UT otherwise it wont work.

U still get all the sound effects etc so there is no need to be messing about converting files etc.

Hope this helps.

[TT]-Hollowman

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Cleaner that is exactly what UTAmp lets you do. Change music mid-game. To the Mod menu, choose UTAmp, find the track you like and play it. Viola! You have just changed the music. :D And no, winAMP is not the right answer..... I don't like/have it.

OK I think people are misinterpreting me. :D

-I do NOT want to change the default music.

-I do NOT want to run Winamp in the background as many of my file types are incompatible with the junker.

-I do NOT need a mutator, I have UTAmp already.

What I DO want to do is make a wav/ra/rm/mp3 file into a UMX file so that UTAmp can play it. Just so's we all clear on that. :D

Now who knows how to make it so UT will recognize one of those file types as a UMX file and play it in the game?

ericm2009

Jul 7, 2005
To make wav files into umx files alls u need to do is download Modplug! Open the wav file with it and click save as. Press save and it will turn it into an .it (impulse tracker) file. it files are recognzed by unrealEd so alls u need to do is go to View, Music Browser and import the .it file save it as umx file. :D (The it file name should be only one word or the song will be cut up inot the amount of pieces as there is letters) After that open a level of your own discretion and view level properties. Now go to audio and then song. making sure ur new umx file is highlighted press use

Last edited: