PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor tools

$_Aendru_Endi_$
1st Oct 2000, 07:39 AM
I have already some tools to build outdoor worlds but they arenīt perfect so i need a good one. Please send me one.

rmcollins3
2nd Oct 2000, 08:51 AM
Well, you can use the tools that come with UED to do just about anything you need. If you have 3dmax studio, then that is also an excellent way to build an outdoor level. You can also use terraedit, a handy tool that can be found on wolf's unreal and various other sites. I simply subtract a huge box, then make a shape with the 2d editor that I want my mountains to look like from the sky, then I resize that shape to fit my box, add some depth, say 1056 or so for tall mountains, then subtract it. Then I use the floor lofter to uneven the terrain a bit. After that, use the 2d editor again to make some rocks and stuff, bevel them, and there you go...a nice outdoor area to build stuff in.

Mambo
4th Oct 2000, 06:46 AM
There is another way that is excellent because it keeps the frame rates high, and involves only the 2D shape editor. Make an aerial view of the shape you want in the 2D editor, and subtract that. Then add each segment into the world seperately, and vertex edit to make the terrain look natural. This is a good way to do it, but it can take AGES, depending on how big the area is, and how may segments you have. Unfortunately, this isn't good for making walls, because they are just vertical, but you don't have to worry about the walls too much if the rest looks really good. You have to keep in mind when you are making it that you make it look natural, but not so natural that it kills the frame rates.

hope that helps