Ever happend to you?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

STALLONE

Mar 29, 2000
vld.clanpages.com
Ever been rude on the phone with someone while in the middle of a heated ut battle?
Today it happened to me, i was getting chased by three guys while i had the flag and was holding my own as i ran away backwards returning fire down goes one enemy and wouldnt you know it another shows up to replace him making it three again anyway im about to score and i get smoked right in front of the flag, you can imagine how pissed i was, at that moment someone called me and i picked up the phone and yelled DONT EVER CALL HERE AGAIN!!! and hung up.

Any similar stories? or maybe with a person in your home?

Xzibit|PuF

I'm what happens when a can of Spam and a m0 mate.
Feb 2, 2000
Visit site
same..

sometime i dont answer... and if i do.. im rude because i just prolly died while talking!!!!!!!!!1

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Actually STALLONE, you are the only person who consistently calls me every time I have the flag. This is probably the main reason why I have never had a successful flag run. Thanks jerkface!

Boogey

Talvin Singh fanboy
Aug 31, 2000
Visit site
I usually decide to let it ring... and the darn thing just keeps on ringing.. and ringing.. "hmmm.. maybe it's something really important".. I reluctantly disconnect from the best game I've ever played to find out it's some dork who dialed a wrong number... HHHHHNNNNGHHH

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I don't have that problem of talking and playing at the same time. My 1337 modem disconnects me every time the friggin phone rings. BIG FAT MOTHER &^%&*#%%^% PHONE! ARG

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by Nightmare|PuF
I don't have that problem of talking and playing at the same time. My 1337 modem disconnects me every time the friggin phone rings. BIG FAT MOTHER &^%&*#%%^% PHONE! ARG

If you live in the U.S. just add the line "*70," to your dial-up number. (Without the " " of course) That will turn off your call-waiting.

Rodzilla

PuF Fossil
lol. That happened to me once. I was happy that my dad was out of town and it was FragPU night. So I was happily Fraggin away and get the flag. My mom yells at me to pick up the phone, so I do. Guess who!! It's my f--king dad yelling at me to get off the f--king computer!! G-d-amn it!!

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I was talking to the Boomette on the phone and decided to jump into my clan channel. We had a practice in an hour and I wanted to let everyone know I would be there. SHE HEARD ME TYPING!!! I swear, women have superpowers. All of a sudden, in the middle of a sentence, she stops and shouts, "ARE YOU POSTING ON THAT FORUM!?!?"

She was playing with me, wasn't really mad, but I still felt like I was busted. Hell, I was busted. :eek:

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
Usually when I'm called upon (be it my mother or sister), they're too lazy to get up, so they end up screaming like idiots until they get up & come over to me.

"what?"

"didn't u hear me yelling?!"

"I have the headphones on!"

Ofcourse I heard her! MUHAHAHAHA!!!! :)

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
Usually what happens to me is I answer the phone (have a headset)and totally never hear a word from whoever called!
I usually say uh.huh..ok.....ok...yup.....and have no clue within 10 minutes of who called or what they wanted.
Really makes the wife made,especially when it was her that called......I get the same thing....."ok then....what did I say..repeat it back to me".Then I get the cold shoulder for a day or 2.But it's worth it!

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
Originally posted by DarkReaper
lol, BUSTED!!;)

My aunt and mom can tell when I'm typing when I'm on the phone. It drives me nutz!!:eek:

Hehe...don't worry about it. When my friend calls me (often because of technical problems:D) and he's behind his PC, I can tell that he's typing because of the loud keyboard clicks inbetween. Yes, you really hear *clickclickclick**clickclick*...*clack*(Enter key) They should produce a 100% silent keyboard sometime... :D

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
If you live in the U.S. just add the line "*70," to your dial-up number. (Without the " " of course) That will turn off your call-waiting.

Well close enough.. Canada. But I can't use *70, I mean, my mother's workplace calls here with schedules and ****. I can't turn that off because I don't want to be disconnected from a game. Besides, it's usually saving my ass from a further kicking. :D