WTF?! Polys through the roof!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cicero

I'm working on a level at my work.. poly counts are fine, well below 100.. I bring it home, and all of a sudden the poly counts are triple! What the heck is going on here? I've rebuilt several times, tried tweaking the video settings, everything. Only difference between the two machines is the work machine has a V3 3000 and the home machine has a GeForce. Should that even matter? Help!

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
We are talking about the poly count from "stat fps" right?

Hmm... wonder if Glide is playing a role in this. I doubt it but it's a possible cause. Try playing in software on the GeForce and see what happens to the poly count.

Cicero

I'm not sure what was wrong.. I had to delete about 25% of the brushes in the map, all in one area, and suddenly the polys go down again. It was very strange, I'd see things like poly counts > 100 even when I was facing a blank wall. I've been able to re-create most of the missing area, and everything's running fine now.

I seem to remember this happening once before, but not to this degree. Does this happen with UnrealEd sometimes, where a map will get a "bad" brush or set of brushes in it that screw up the map that badly?

Thanks.

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
I don't see why it should matter.

bullet2.gif

Jenkins

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
It's odd and I've never come across anything like it. Every brush (excluding transparent, invisible, and masked textures) should hide other polys. So when you're up against a wall, that's all that should be rendered. But this is just wierd. If you get the chance send me the map.