Regarding the FUSION MapPack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
I never did d/l that. I've had Unreal for over 2 years now. I've known about it since I started coming here for about a year.
until now;)

I've played Cybrosis][, Shrapnel][, all the maps in the bonus pack. I found them to be ill suited for DM. I have been fragged many times in CTF-Cybrosis][.

Its just that playing the orginal maps made me think.

This is supposed to be a bonus pack?
from epic?
are you sure?

really?

heh

your serious aren't you.

I just couldn't beleive it. I had to pause the map, push F1 and stare at the lines "by Cliff Blezenski" for about 5 minutes to come with grips on the whole of the level.

IMO the Fusion MapPack might not have been a good idea. C'mon look at the orginal levels in Unreal. Not just the DM levels, but the SP ones too. None of the levels in the Fusion Pack are even up to par. Mojo and Loki are the only ones I really like. I didn't realize the extensive amount of work Shrapnel went through for its UT counterpart.

It just seems odd to me that after Unreal's release some of the mappers decided to release a free bonus pack to spice things up a bit. Cliffy B musta been really wailin on that glass pipe when he made those levels. Either that or he spent a whole 20 minutes thinking of and building each one. BTW, the Inoxx maps aren't totlly bad, they now resemble RA maps though.

Oh yeah, fileplanet no longer has the fusion pack.
get it here

http://www.unrealkingdom.com/fusion_pack_info.html

Callisto

Adept
Jan 13, 2000
Pennsylvania
Visit site
I agree that those maps were disappointing. You do see several servers running Mojo and Loxi but very rarely see Shrapnel and Cybrosis.

Twilight and Letting are fairly good ones but are not ran enough. Letting is about as close as an Unreal map comes to a domination map like in UT. Instead of a control point to hold you try to control the button in the center which can be fun because it requires a slightly different method of playing than normal. I like Twilight but it does need more than a few players.

:)

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
My thoughts on Fusion...

Shrapnel is awful (although Shrapnel][ is great).
Mojo is disappointing and confusing to navigate.
Cybrosis is ok and probably better than Cybrosis][.

Highlights of the pack are Letting, Loxi and Twilight. Loxi is classic Elsinore-esque fragging fun. Letting is furious. Twilight is... well... very nice looking :)

Unreal DM maps always were hit and miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.