GeForce2 MX and UT...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

McBane

Sep 22, 2000
Visit site
I've been playing UT (OpenGL...NOT Direct3D, D3D runs even slower and choppier) with the 6.26 Detonators for a while now, and Ive noticed that it Lags out quite a bit (not online). I was wondering what I could do to fix this....This sux cause I upgraded from previous system....and as crappy as my old system was...It ran UT better. So if you guys can Help me out , I'll be very thankful...

Sys:
Athlon 700
256 Ram
Epox kx7a

Previous
AMD k6-2 350
192 Ram
Voodoo3 3000

JuiceEggsMcKenna

MC68060/50
Aug 31, 2000
Australia
clivebarker.net
Um, there was a thread about this on the Troubleshooting forum a few weeks ago, maybe you should check that out. I can't be bothered doing any research - what chipset does your motherboard have? VIA KX/KT133? That might be the problem.

McBane

Sep 22, 2000
Visit site
Well...Its a KX133..I dont know if it helps....I found the post.....I already tried using the 6.18 drivers, it didn't help.
Im DL the Via AGP thing right now...ill see if that works....if anyone can help out a bit more....ill be thankful...

ThePlague{FU}

Jul 20, 2000
www.angelfire.com
I have a Geforce2 MX running fine although I'm on Win2K. The only thing I've noticed is the card runs like garbage in 32bit color so I run 16bit. Open GL? Well game wont even load open GL for me on Win2K hehe.

Xayd

:\
Jul 26, 2000
BF, Arkansas?
Visit site
Go ahead and get the 4 in 1 drivers and install them all. The busmaster driver performs better than the Win95/98 drivers, and you NEED the PCI/IRQ driver. Seeing as the AGP port is sharing an IRQ with PCI slot one, if you have a card in slot one then the PCI bugginess with VIA chipsets might be causing the whole problem. The PCI/IRQ driver will fix that. Go ahead and install all four of them.

Xayd