Jumpads in DM-Yougan

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ohsk

Sep 17, 2000
Boise Id
www.unrealcontest.com
Hey everyone this is Lestat, Creator of DMYougan
I wanted to get some feedback on the map, Personnaly
I liked playing it, I found the jumpads addicting
But I made the map, so Im biased, feedback anyone?
the map (DMyougan) is up at NaliCity and my web page
http://www.unrealcontest.com/lestat
Let me know if you liked the Quake3 Style jumpads, if
I get good feedback from this map I would like to make more
maps with jumpads.
Lestat (Also the ghost Of Ohsk)

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I hated Prong. The map was okay and all, it's just the one map where I ALWAYS ended up on the lowest part of the scoreboard. I just couldn't get into a rythm on that beast.

Ohsk

Sep 17, 2000
Boise Id
www.unrealcontest.com
I have played DMProng, But that wasnt where I got the jumpads,I got that from quake3 (one of the few things i liked about it) the main difference is that I used the standard
"kicker" class, included with UT while DMProng][ had
a new class that he made for the jumpads, Aside from that
I would say my jumpads are similair, but with more velocity, since DMyougan isnt a low grav map, its a pretty big map, and I didnt plan on making it a jumpad map, but decided that it needed something to speed up the flow for such a big area, so a lot of the jumpads are more horizontal than vertical, anyway , its only 900 kb long
and has no additional classes, or textures to fiddle with since I wanted it to be server friendly, so check it out
I thought it was sort of addicting, but I leave it up to
the general public to tell me if its worthy or not
DMYougan
Or NaliCity

Ohsk

Sep 17, 2000
Boise Id
www.unrealcontest.com
Speaking of Jump pads, I just downloaded Squacky's map
DMTitania ][, making use of GorGors UTitan mod, as far
as jump pads go, these are the real deal, It felt and looked (thanks to the quake3 textures) just like the jumpads
from Quake3, This map rocks, Blows Mine away, Im not trying to compare them, sicne they are 2 different styles of maps, but obviously he liked the jumpads from quake3 too, but did
a much better job of emulating them, ps. I thought quake3
was pretty weak,especially on gameplay.But I dug the jump pads.

Ohsk

Sep 17, 2000
Boise Id
www.unrealcontest.com
Lestat

Nope thats another Lestat, Unfortunately Lestat
is a Real common name, I stole it for my online name
about 4 or 5 years ago from the Anne Rice vampire series,
Lestat was always and will always be, one of my favorite characters, a friend of mine introduced me to the series about 6 or 7 years ago, and I really loved Anne Rice's work, I feel though out of all the thousands of Lestats on the web, I have done a pretty good job of being the brat prince, anyway I took a prize in the Epic make something Unreal contest, and got a webpage called Lestat's
Levels out of it :) (on top of a nice cash prize)
Anyways, my friend who introduced me to these masterpieces of vampire fiction is dead now, and I am making level dedicated to him called 9dragons, I released a demo earlier, but I am re-doing it starting from scratch, anyway
someday I may rename myself into something more orignal
Like.......
:trans: