bots + secrets = @!#²:(

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lodev

Sep 3, 2000
Belgium
I've got secrets in my map which work the same way as the secrets of Wolfenstein3D, exept that these secrets automaticly close when you leave them (triggercontrol).

The opening of it takes 6 seconds.

How can I get the bots take them? Because the bots go to the pathnode in front of the secret, but, when the secret is still busy opening, the bots are already gone, so the secret closes again.

How to make the bots wait in front of the secret until it's open, and then enter it, take the stuff in it and then back leave it?

thanks a lot

Lodev

Sep 3, 2000
Belgium
Well, on unrealized, Wanderer told me to make a second trigger for the secret with a bigger radius, but set only to work for bots, so the secret would start opening sooner when a bot goes to it. It's still not perfect at all, but I can try it...

I'll also try the defencepoint, maybe I can experiment with it's settings or so.

But I start thinking about putting less important objects in the secrets so it isn't too important for bots to enter them.

Thanks for the ideas

Mambo

Metallica Head
Mar 25, 2000
Melbourne, Australia
Another option would be to put very important powerups, or whatever in it, then the bots may want to go and get it - or, here's a better one, there are a few epic levels with secrets that bots use. DM-codex, and also DM-Curse, and Phobos. In each of these levels there are secret doors in teh wall, and the bots can open them. I think curse would be your best bet - do you know where the U damage is? The bots get that a lot, so why don't you see how it's set up. It was done by cliffyb, so it's gotta work!