Would anyone be up for a (bi)weekly CTF tourney?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arkive

May 10, 2000
members.home.com
Sorta like FragPU, but with more of the PuF All Star team atmosphere. Wouldn't be a supremo contest of skills...just fun for the ppl of PuF. The All Star game was a blast...and it was great getting all of those PuF's together. Be nice if we could do something like that on a regular basis (just on a lower scale then the All Star game...organizing that on a weekly basis would be a nightmare...just ask Troll ;) ). Just thought it might be fun since FragPU doesn't always consist of PuF regulars (or very many). If anyone has a server that would like to host, that would be cool, or maybe Roo <asskiss> with his infinite generosity</asskiss> ;) could alot an hour or two each week on his server at a time when nobody uses it for official purposes. Could change the gamestyle periodically so the DOM and AS players can get a shot to play together too. Just figured a more regularly scheduled thing would let a lot more ppl play, and there wouldn't be any fighting over who should/shouldn't play when the real All Star game rolls around next time. What ya think?...good/bad idea?

Jeff

Arkive

May 10, 2000
members.home.com
<sarcasm>
Due to the overwhelming response I've received, I've decided to make this a 1-1 league. This will more or less consist of Revenant and myself playing matches against each other.
</sarcasm>

;)

j/k...this is just a bump in case some ppl missed it. If I don't get any more responses, I'll just drop it. As for organizing, I'd be happy to organize it, and even make a page so ppl could see what/when/where the matches were happening, as well as listing the outcomes and summaries. All I really need is some interest from other ppl and a server to play on that wouldn't mind allotting some time each week or two to this. How far it goes really depends on the interest it generates...who knows, maybe we could even get someone to broadcast the matches like they did for the All Star game. Again...this is just an idea I'm kicking around...thought it would be fun since all th PuF's seem to get along so well. Drop a post in here if you're interested.

Jeff

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
I'm interested. If only the time fits. FragPU is to late for me, so I'm never in it. And if I can get a decent ping.

ShinyObject

You're making me blush.
Jun 14, 2000
Ohio
I'll do it, if you don't mind the stinkiest stink to have ever have stank playing. :) Fun idea.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
If I'm in #planetunreal at the time this is happening, and I'm NOT doing a clan thingy, I would love to play. But I can't commit to practicing or anything like that.

I just wanna let Arkive know I think its a good idea and give him some props. :)

[Edited by Boom on 09-21-2000 at 08:40 PM]

lunchblaze

Codlike
Jul 31, 2000
East Fort Sp0rkville
just givin some bumpage.

again, i think it would be pretty fun.

like i said, i ain't |337, but i'll flat chase your ass all the way back to your base with nothing but an impact hammer charged up and roaring like some demon posessed can opener in order to get my flag back!

out.

Arkive

May 10, 2000
members.home.com
Ok...lets get this rolling. What I need from ppl is a time that works well. But more importantly, we need a server that we can count on every (other) week at said time. I think the server issue is probably more important, and if someone has one they can offer up for a few hours a couple of time a month, that's be great. And yes lunchblaze, no skills are required for this...it's just for fun :). Who knows, maybe we can have one map of Impact Hammer Arena ;). Anyway...if anyone has a server, please drop me a mail, or make a post here so we can try and get this organized...later...

Jeff

Aug 7, 2000
Good.......I almost thought this was going to be a tournament with just 1 1vs1 match...........

First of all,no,I don't have a UT-server ready.......

Second,of course..........I'm in for the tournament too.......

-Revenant

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
Robo-Wars!!!

sounds like fun :)

Since FragPU is now Bi-Weekly, are you gonna schedule it so that it's on the opposite week?

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
That's a good idea. Try going for every Saturday night at around 9pm est. Early enough for the late night Euro crowd (?) and not too early for the Western crowd. It's on a weekend so there's no "bedtime" to worry about.

A server will happen if the interest is there.

Boom, you said if you HAVE a clan thingy you'll do this? Hmmmmmmm...

One variant may be getting a PuF ctf tourney. Get about 8 teams of four people each selected by draft and have a tourney. That'd be fun.

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
9 pm est. would be about 3 am for the brits. that seems a bit late for someone to start playing in a tourney! lol

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Morety, just seeing if you were paying attention, :p

Robojunky, your sig stretches out every page you post on. Please fix it cowboy. ;) I gotta scroll right and left to read every single post on a page if you have posted on it.

<edited section was here>

I will edit this post to unstretch the screen after Robo gets a chance to see it.

[Edited by Boom on 09-22-2000 at 10:20 AM]

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
uh... no

I don't know what yer talkin' bout boom. Yours is the only sig that's stretching the page out (I just checked the first page with my post on it & it's fine). Maybe you've got your screen resolution too low.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Hmmm, thats weird. :eek:

Now its fine because your redeemer smiley is on the line below the shocky smiley.

Yesterday they were on the same line and that was stretching the page out.

Oh well, I guess as long as they are on seperate lines its no problem.

I wonder why they are on seperate lines today, and were on they same line yesterday? This forum is weird sometimes.

Anyway, don't mind me, I'm not like the sig police or anything. :) Nothing to see here. Everyone move along.