PDA

View Full Version : Trigger -----> Special Event (sound)

G-Man
14th Sep 2000, 12:55 PM
I'm trying to get my kicker to make a noise when your launched into the air and I followed a tutorial to the T but my kicker (i.e. the trigger won't trigger the special event that) still won't make the noise when I"m launched by the kicker.

I've noticed that others have encountered this problem beofre but have meraculously solved the problem before anyone was able to help them! I did a forum search and couldn't find any help. Anyone got any ideas?

Slick_Willy
14th Sep 2000, 01:56 PM
Have you tried locking at CTF-Coret, or DM-Morpheus to see how it is done there. I can't tell you exactly right now how to do it but that is the way I figured it out. If anything just open you map and then open up the editor again and open up one of those maps. then just select the stuff and do a copy and then paste into your map, move into position, and modify as needed.

chilters
14th Sep 2000, 06:14 PM
In the Special event props have you checked
that Object is set to Play Sound Effect.

CC.

G-Man
14th Sep 2000, 06:55 PM
No I hadn't...! Thanks man, I owe you one. You know the tut you e-mailed me, well it's the same one I was using from unrealed.exe web page and it doesn't tell you to change that property!

Thanks again.

chilters
14th Sep 2000, 07:28 PM
OK, that caught me out a few times, I had to check and recheck the one in DM-Morpheus...;)

glad to be of service, CC.