Hey Prophetus:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
A couple of months ago, we were talking about a couple of map ideas. I remember throwing the ideas of an aircraft carrier and re-mixing Shane's Unfinished Nali Castle at you, and you were having some mappers look into it.

Something (I don't know what) triggered this in my brain this morning. Did anything ever come from it?

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Shane's Nali Castle is converted to a UT DM map. But it's so huge you need 36 players to have fun on it. The mappers and myself decided against making it a CTF map. Although we deleted, edited, and plugged up alot of areas, the map still was too big. If you want, I'll email you what we have if you want it. It's very beautiful, but unplayable for online games...meaning too huge.

In fact, I played with 20 bots offline and couldn't find them, until several minutes later. But, don't fear...we will do something with it, but not right now.

Currently we are working on two maps for CTF at Capture. These maps have the fun factor of Coret and team base strategies of Domination. Our maps will require the team to work together. Check out Capture for screen shots of the maps.

Allow me to give you an example:

Designed by me:) and created by BobXIII

bobxxii3_small.jpg

Designed by me:) and created by RedBeard

beard1_small.jpg

beard2_small.jpg

These two maps will incorporate team based mission goals. The flag rooms are shielded until team based swithes are turned on. If the blue room has not been deactivated, the Red player cannot get in. But the blue players can travel in and out of the small flag room. But if they camp, they lose health. Same for the Red flag room. Since the red flag room's shield has been deactivated...only a successful capture of red's flag (by the blue team) will reactivate the shield. The switches are located in a neutral area.

In which, someone in the midfield will have to fight his way back to the triggers to open it.

Also, I am coming up with a Mod...beta name-- "Capture or Destroy". Basically this mod is based on the maps above (trigger to deactivate flag room). It has every characteristic of CTF, but the flag room's flag stand is destructable. If a red player steals the blue flag, he has to make it back (of course). But if a blue player successfully destroys the red flag stand...the red player carrying the blue flag explodes (smaller version of the redeemer) taking out any teammates nearby. There is more detail, but I won't go into that just now:).

Let me know if you want Shane's Nali Castle. But we will do something with it...just not right now:)

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Thx for the update.

I'm not a mapper by any stretch, so sending me what you've got to date would be a waste. If it's already at Nali city in DM mode, I think I'll go dl it. I played it online in tdm (in Unreal) with 4 X 3 man teams. It was one of my favourites. It is huge, that's for sure.

That's a cool mod you got going there. Controlling the checkpoints (shield trigger) and having to defend your flag stand sounds interesting. Hehe, I'll be damned if I'm going to run capper support if the capper's a running time bomb. :) Make sure you post here when you've got it playable. I'll test it out.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Oh, then YES, please send it over to me. Just click on my email link below. I haven't got icq re-installed yet. I believe my mailbox would be big enough to hold it. If not, I'll definitely arrange something else.

Maybe I can get the DM-ho's to have me a game on it. Finally turn the other foot where I'll know the map and they won't :D Yep, camp the library and the fireplace.

Thx. Proph. :)

Troll|PuF

Poetic Terrorist
May 2, 2000
Temporary Autonomous Zone
I love that map!!!!!!!! So THAT's the name of it.....

One night I played this map that was like a Castle, and there was a library inside and little tricks with the books and and a GREAT deathmatch area outside on the grass with stone walls around it and walkways on the stone walls and boots and all sorts of awesome smaller areas throughout and neat little tricks in the castle itself. This was a few months ago, probably like March or April, and I never saw the map again...

Does anyone have the original???

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Clear out your mail box...here it comes. Enjoy. Oh, in the tower there is a room at the very top. There is a BSP error that I didn't fix. Other than that, it's a cool map. But I'm telling you...it's really huge...huge...huge:). Let me know what you think.

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
yeah, sounds like observatory to me as well.

I used to play it on unreal. But not much. I didnt like it too much do to the fact that 90 pingers would hang out and snipe. This was when I had a 56k and 225 ping ;p

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, Nali Castle is a cool map...I thought that was a great idea converting the Unreal fly-by to a DM map. It would be tough to make that map into a CTF one. It might make a great DOM map though...

I remember Observatory was hailed as one of the greatest user made Unreal maps. It really didn't port to UT very well.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Well, I loaded 'er up and did a walkaround. Man that map brings back memories. I love it! Looks great. I'm hoping to get it on Small's server so I can get some dudes to play it with me. Finally, a map I'll know that the DM'ers don't. Ahhhhhhhh. I might actually win a game. :)

Thanks Prophetus. :)