PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes and IO lockups

Parrothead166
11th Sep 2000, 04:02 PM
Hey all,
My machine is a home built, but all good technology...ASUS 2000 motherboard, Intel Pentium 600, Voodoo 3 3000, Soundblaster Live. I have played numerous other games, and have not had any troubles related to my hardware. I am running Win 98 SE and have the latest patch.

When I play UT, I can get through a game or two and then I get kicked out to my desktop right in the middle of a game. Sometimes there is a GP Fault error message box and other times there is not. Also, I have had times where all of the sudden, my character is constantly running as if the move forward button were stuck (not the case, however). Oh, and I am not even trying to play online yet...this is just single player BOT tournaments.

Any ideas??? I hope so.

Deimos
12th Sep 2000, 05:18 AM
Hey Parrothead.. I've got the same problem that you have..

Do you have any info sbout it??
I'm sorry.. I can't help you yet.. I don't have any info about it.. Cause these guys don't reply to these kind of messages..

Here's my specs:
P500 Celeron
128 MB ram
voodoo3 2000 AGP
Win98 SE
and I have patch 428 installed...

Guys out there who know about this problem please post a message!!! Please send me a message to: maxdamage15@hotmail.com

Little-Zen
14th Sep 2000, 10:30 AM
Deimos- quite the contrary, it's just that we don't stop by every day. ;-) But we are here, and we do respond. I just cruise by these boards to help people out, and occasionally ask a question or two. Speaking of helping out...

Might I first suggest that you both try using the 420 patch. Using the 428 patch I had the exact same problems - playing the game, it exits to the desktop. I would also try to load up a multiplayer server, it would exit to the desktop. Really, seriously, try 420.

Also, if I may suggest (and it's probably not necessary) make sure you have the latest drivers for your motherboard, and the latest drivers for those Voodoo 3s.

Like I said, the 428 patch caused me a lot of headache, so give 420 a try.

kreepn
20th Sep 2000, 12:14 PM
Hey parrothead I have a similar problem and this is what I have learned. I will also explain my situation.

I have: athlon 700,fic sd11 mobo, 128 meg pny, maxtor 20 gb,
annhilator 2, and SB Live. I have done the following, installed det 3 drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled ut and win 98 se, upgraded bios, via chipset, and I am using ver428 patch and I always get the same problem. The game locks up randomly and gives me a General Protection fault and goes on about render history, tick update world, blah, blah.
What I have found is that if I disable everything except video card the game will run fine. But as soon as I enable the sound card the game will lock-up or give me that error message and send me to desktop, and it even has rebooted on me before. This leads me to belive its some sort of creative/ut problem. Especially since u get the same error w/ sb live, parrothead.
What do you all think?>>

kreepn

Deimos
21st Sep 2000, 04:07 PM
Well..
You have a good point there..

Before I bought a SB live PLayer I had a standard 32 bits soundcard.. I had no lock-up or so ever..

If this is the problem, then where is that support??