DeathMatch Duel League - Final Results

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DedMeat

Dapper Rat
May 9, 2000
Great Britain
The first season of The Lair DeathMatch Duel League has just finished and the results can be seen on the Lair (just click the link in my sig :) )
Many thanks to all those who took part, both players and admins, and congratulations to the winners who were...

Division 1...Raptor
Division 2...Loibisch
Division 3...Ineffectual

We are now recruiting for the second season. If you want to take part you can register now at the Lair using the link on the first page.

[Edited by DedMeat on 09-11-2000 at 03:13 PM]

Troll|PuF

Poetic Terrorist
May 2, 2000
Temporary Autonomous Zone
OH, this the thing Raptor asked me about joining! I spanked him like 30 to 3 on Codex (can't remember the score) this weekend, and he told me I should join this Lair thing you guys are talking about.

I checked the site out briefly but couldn't tell who was on the ladder, any way of knowing who might be in it? So I have an idea if I want to give it whirl?

Thanks for the game Raptor, by the way, I had fun! :)

/me is getting in lots of practise on Codex and Curse and Liandri to be able to beat LK on a map OTHER than Deck. :)

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
trolls have a short memory?

hehe... really? it seemed more like 10-30 to me :)
- ph33r 7h3 g00!!!! ;)
I remember playing troll a few months ago, and being beaten by one frag or something (on fetid, my worst 1on1 map, just ask anyone who went to the UK Lan :)), but Troll has definately improved since then, gg, i had fun despite the humiliating score!! :)

anyway, the list of players from the first season can be found at http://www.planetunreal.com/lair/dmd/Tables.htm , although some have dropped out, and sme who did drop out because of comp or connection probs (Skummy and a few others) are rejoining in the second season.

now, just a shameless plug - if you go to http://www.planetunreal.com/lair you'll realise its currently down for a redesign, and will be re-opening at 9pm BST on Sept 15th 2000, and believe me, it'll be MUCH better than the old ligh blue and grey one with that unreadable font ;)

finally, if anyone wants to join DMD then just email us at thelair@planetunreal.com, but plz realise that u have to have the time to play and organise a match a week.

Again - nice on to everyone who took part and made DMD a success this season, hope to see you all again in late-september when the leauges restart!!

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Just to re-iterate the thanks expressed by Raptor and Dedmeat :)

Expect at slightly tweaked format for the tourney next "season" as well.

Troll|PuF

Poetic Terrorist
May 2, 2000
Temporary Autonomous Zone
Raptor, that's why I said in my post that "I can't remember the score". I fought a lot of people on Codex this weekend ;) I couldn't remember if you were the one that got 3 frags on me or the one that got 10 frags on me. And I can't remember what my score was, something around 30 I think, so yeh my memory isn't too hot these days. It all begins to look the same after a while *dizzy*

OH YEH now I remember that other 1vs1 you and I had. Fetid...one one of LK's ****ty servers..... where I think we both had like 30% PL and everytime either of us got within a foot of the other, we got redjacked. OH yeh... I remember it well. And Fetid isn't ANYONE's 1vs1 map :) That map is a waste of server space.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Troll - yeah, the PL was all over the place, I remember firing rounds and rounds of flak into your face and nothing happening at all (you probably did the same), but that server (fetid) did really suck. Fetid? I can play it with 16 players and a 400-odd ping, b/c you just use spam weapons (my speciality :)) to dominate the entire level, but 1on1
is a different ball game altogether, and you have to be very aware of what's going on and where your opponent is.

LK - you would have had at least an extra 2 points, and won on frag efficiency if you'd bothered to organise/ contact your opponents or your division admin for your last 2 matches