PDA

View Full Version : UT Lockup Bug???

Kernel
10th Sep 2000, 12:31 AM
I'm running UT 428 on a W2K system with a 3D Prophet II GTS 64MB, 256MB RAM, and a PIII 800EB.

Sometimes in UT my controls will lock up. I canot do anything except use my mouse controls.

Has anyone experienced this? It *seems* to happen when there is alot of action concentrated in one location and I am fragged. After the frag, no control.

Thanks

sdkelly@twcny.rr.com

Suicide killa
10th Sep 2000, 10:58 AM
I haven't experienced this problem but i have seen it before. Im willing to bet that its a conflict between the patch and win2k. First off, Win2k is not an OS for gaming. And it has caused a lot of ppl problems in the past. Such as the problem you are describing. Second, 428 has also been known to cause alot of problems.(mainly with the servers).

The only solution i can give to you is to go back to the 420 patch. That seems to cause less problems with win2k than the 428 and 425 patch. And if you can go back to win98 because win2k was never meant for gaming.

A couple of ppl dont have problems with the win2k and 428 but hell, everyones computer is different.