Need Prog to extract unreal UTX texture files

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Start up UnrealEd. Load up a texture package. Select the texture. Export it to somewhere familiar.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
if you want to export an entire texture set quickly, use UCC from DOS.

ucc batchexport Ancient.utx texture pcx c:\textures

where c:\textures is where you want the exported files to go. Note that some textures will cause ucc to crash. You'll have to get those by manually exporting them inside UnrealEd. I've exported most of them so that I can browse them better in PSP, and so far they total about 175 Mb.

Shagnasty

Dec 13, 1999
www.midnite-empire.de
Damn! Latch - thanks for posting that. I asked this question a long time ago, and got the ususal "view them in UnrealEd" answer. Damned useful knowing that's what UCC does /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
UCC does much more than that. Here's some more info;

UCC has many commandlets which are interfaces from UCC to Unreal. They are defined in Object->Commandlet. They can be scripted(such as Object->Commandlet->HelloWorldCommandlet) or done in C++, the later of which gives you better access to unreal and its package format. One of the more useful commandlets is BatchExport. BatchExport allows you to export all files of a specific type from a .u, .uax, .umx, and .utx. From the command prompt you just type 'ucc.exe batchexport 'Item type' 'File Extension 'path''. The valid types are 'Class', 'Sound', 'Texture', and 'Music'. So say for instance you wanted to export all the class files out of botpack.u without opening UnrealED, you would go to the command prompt and type 'ucc batchexport botpack.u class uc x:\tournament\botpack'.