NVIDIA And Epic Games Inc. Announce Strategic Partnership

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
uh oh...seems nVidia is on their way to cornering the graphics market. With their recent deal with Intel on the AGP 8x, shallow deals with the makers of rambus and hand in hand implementation of future Direct X and Open GL upgrades, nVidia might hinder 3DFX. Hope not, competition is healthy.

Kaz

Godlike Drunken Spammer
Jun 21, 2000
California
This is the reason I like the ATI Radeon...it does both D3D, Rave (dead) and Open GL great...best **overall** cards available for you money...that is if your able to look past ATI's ****ty history...:D

Kaz

WormFood

Sep 4, 2000
UK (pronounced "Yuk")
Visit site
An nVidia mouthpiece states:

"We see this as an opportunity to work more closely with Epic Games to ensure current and future Unreal Engine products run their absolute best on NVIDIA hardware"

It's the word "current" that grabs me ... will this mean Transform and Lighting support in UT? My computer desk rears at the prospect ...

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
With Unreal 2 in the works (and hopefully near completion) I wouldn't be surprised if a new, fully D3D optimised, game engine popped its head up.

Expect UT2 to be released a year or so after Unreal 2 using this new engine :)

/me now goes off to buy a GeForce 2...

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
With improved graphics and performance of D3D and OpenGl...GLide based games will have to come up with some new stuff. So far they have the hardware capabilities for FSAA (sp?), where as nVidia only uses the software version. But as long as 3Dfx remains flexible by including the use of all formats (including D3D, OpenGl and GLide), they should have no problems. It is a good card...

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
Holy crap...that is 4ucking hilarious Xayd. I really love the *note*:

Note: Will not fit in most PC cases without slight case modifications. Card comes with a Honda diesel generator for power. Not FCC approved. Keep away from water, small children, air traffic control towers, munitions dumps, and pacemakers. Extended use may cause cancer. Shipped via truck freight. Estimated retail price $5,743.56 (USD)

Xayd

:\
Jul 26, 2000
BF, Arkansas?
Visit site
lol, yeah, and the part about...

Feature connector for catching dust particles and knuckle skin included at no extra cost

If anyone has a Voodoo3, they know how funny that is. There's like two rows of long spikes on the freakin' card for no damn reason. All they do is scratch the hell outta your hand when you go to put something in the PCI slot next to the AGP card.

Xayd

titanus

Mr. Flak Smiley
Mar 23, 2000
Singapore, Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by Prophetus][PuF][
With improved graphics and performance of D3D and OpenGl...GLide based games will have to come up with some new stuff. So far they have the hardware capabilities for FSAA (sp?), where as nVidia only uses the software version. But as long as 3Dfx remains flexible by including the use of all formats (including D3D, OpenGl and GLide), they should have no problems. It is a good card...

I agree... with better drivers, the Voodoo3/4/5 is getting better..