PDA

View Full Version : ALL STAR PUF GAME IS OVER!

hal
3rd Sep 2000, 10:35 PM
WoD beat FLAB in all maps

Hydro was 4-0
Coret was 1-0
The tie breaker was played anyway and I think it was
Orbital 1-0

The WoD guys played a great game and had a great plan...they switched back and forth between all D and all O. It really threw us off.

Boom, I salute you as our esteemed captain!:) We managed to hold off a very, very good team in Coret. In Hydro, we got a little scattered and I don't think I got all of the orders!:eek

I'm sure the demo will be readily available...as well as some screen shots. I got a great demo of the Orbital game. It was quite interesting to spec that one! FYI, FLAB, sorry I missed the Orbital game...my UT pooped out on me!:(

For those of you who don't want to d/l a demo, just imagine me suiciding a lot and Boom Combowhoring ;) (Ashram, you got nothing on me, buddy...I AM THE NEW SUICIDE KING!!!!) and waves of WoD's flooding our base!:)

Great game and a lot of fun guys!

The PuF Home Page will get updated with all this stuff, so if anyone can send me a screenie or two, I'll get 'em up! Promise!:D

[NeMeSiS]
3rd Sep 2000, 10:44 PM
GG!!!

Fun playin!

next one i wanna host ut radio hehe

{950}Slayer|PuF
3rd Sep 2000, 10:44 PM
It was an honor to play with you guys!! Had alot of fun!!

Have to do this again sometime!!

Dancing BOOM!!! It was just too FUNNY!! :D

DividedSky
3rd Sep 2000, 10:57 PM
gg's everyone ... many thanks to Troll and Boom for their massive coordinations efforts :)

clambert
3rd Sep 2000, 11:06 PM
Thanks to everyone who played/specced/cheered/was jealous of ma skillz. All were great games, and the UT Radio broadcast was pretty cool. Check it out below. :)

Now for the links:

Match 1 Demo (http://www.planetunreal.com/fragpu/allstar/match1.zip) (Hydro)
Match 2 Demo (http://www.planetunreal.com/fragpu/allstar/match2.zip) (Coret)
Match 3 Demo (http://www.planetunreal.com/fragpu/allstar/match3.zip) (Orbital)

UTRadio MP3 Of Match 3 (http://www.planetunreal.com/fragpu/allstar/pufallstar-3-9-18-6.mp3) (Orbital)

And, for some screenies:

Match 1 End-Game:
http://www.planetunreal.com/fragpu/allstar/match1.jpg

Match 2 End-Game:
http://www.planetunreal.com/fragpu/allstar/match2.jpg

Match 3 End-Game:
http://www.planetunreal.com/fragpu/allstar/match3.jpg

/me getting a 'deemer up the arse:
http://www.planetunreal.com/fragpu/allstar/Stall_ass.jpg

Troll and her beloved minigun:
http://www.planetunreal.com/fragpu/allstar/Troll_mini.jpg

Flag fight on Orbital:
http://www.planetunreal.com/fragpu/allstar/Fightforflag.jpg

Thanks to DA & Cookie for the files!

Rodzilla
3rd Sep 2000, 11:22 PM
I can't believe I didn't know about that! :( How could I miss it! :( I had to watch a st00pid m00vie instead! :( I'll watch the demo's. I can't wait till I get sub-200 ping so I can play in one of those! :)

The Dopefish
4th Sep 2000, 12:12 AM
Hehe...I didn't play and "my" team still won. ;) I'm 2-0! :D

{950}Slayer|PuF
4th Sep 2000, 12:24 AM
And that is all that matters!! ;)

hal
4th Sep 2000, 12:36 AM
Who's got a sub-200 ping?????

{PSX}BLenDeR
4th Sep 2000, 12:59 AM
if you want my demos of first two games.. ther here http://aoc-mac-daddies.com/allstar.zip (blue view spec version)

Boom
4th Sep 2000, 01:24 AM
Damn that was fun. Thank you all for playing and stuff.

The games were just incredible. No other way to describe it. Everyone had to admit that every single cap was a breathtaking heartstopping affair. It was a super tense battle all through.

It was pretty even skillwise (despite the last minute appearance of NeMy ;) ) but it just came down to Troll out captaining me. She put together an offensive unit that had done numerous flagruns together. I had great guys on offense, but failed to set them up properly. I should have set up places for them to meet before attacking, routes, etc. Instead I just said "SC, you are the flag guy. Ruffy, try to support him somehow. hal, you do some stuff too." As a result, SC had to make a bunch of solo flag attempts, and Ruffy and hal just had to do their best to figure out how they should be helping.

I hope it wasn't too frustrating for my team. I think you all were rocking, but just couldn't overcome the fact that Troll outcoordinated me. Ineff especially has a right to be frustrated with me. She singlehandedly kept their offense at bay, repeatedly fending off well coordinated attacks of 2 or 3 shieldbelted wombats at once, while I was busy respawning. Although, in my defense, I must say that I didn't suck on Orbital. I am really happy about my performance in that one. But Hydro, yeesh! I thought I was good on Hydro and I just stunk up the joint.

And thanks to Rooster and DA for all the admin type stuff.

Anyway, great great great games. I feel like I just ran a marathon. :) Tomorrow I will do nothing but play DMFFA against newbies to try and relax and stuff.

Troll|PuF
4th Sep 2000, 02:04 AM
Great games tonite, special props go out to:

{NBK} Homicide for doing the UTRadio Broadcast, and tho I only got to hear the Orbital that was recorded, Homi did a GREAT play by play on this! You could really tell everything that was happening, great job Homi!

Rooster for the use of his server

DragonAsh for setting things up on the server, getting 10 ragtag AllStars in the same channel and getting us all to shut up at once

{NBK} Nemesis for deciding to play at the last minute, and for hosting RW for the Wombats

Strider for hosting RW for FLAB (I think it was Strider)

Blender and DragonAsh for rec'ing demo's and taking screenies

Today would not have been possible without any of you guys, it would have been 10 AllStars without a game to play :)

Every cap was hard won, nothing went easy in this game, everyone played their hearts out and it was a great time to be had by all.

THANK GOD IT'S OVER! :)

(BoD) nepenthe
4th Sep 2000, 02:22 AM
Sounds great! Congratulations, All Stars:)

I'm listening to the UTRadio MP3 right now, never heard this done, it's actually pretty interesting. He sounds like he's done this before, hats off to {NBK}Homicide. Next I'll have to watch the demo while listening to the MP3, get em synchronized.

"Temp-Crusher is using the goo gun, God knows why".

Troll|PuF
4th Sep 2000, 02:25 AM
I'm getting invalid actor classes when I try to play the demos, anyone else got this problem?

{950}Slayer|PuF
4th Sep 2000, 02:53 AM
Nope!! Sorry!! Just watched them!! Including my Hydro16 demo!! I would give it out..but I do have my secrets!! ;)

hal
4th Sep 2000, 08:01 AM
Boom, like I said before, you were a great captain. Unfortunately we hadn't played together as a group before..that made a big difference!

All-Stars was all about fun...and it definitely was that!

DragonAsh
4th Sep 2000, 08:56 AM
Troll

I am using the 428 patch i think.

In order for you to view it, ithink you need to have the same or higher patch. (I might have 429, im not sure anymore)

3 dam patches within less then a month *&LOL*

DragonAsh
4th Sep 2000, 08:59 AM
BTW, in all of my yrs of experience in video taping, I have NEVER b4 seen such a handfull of HAMS in my entire life *LOL*

Everytime the match ended, with 10 sec to go, all of Trolls team scurrid around the flag to get their pics taken *LOL*

Boom
4th Sep 2000, 11:59 AM
Thanks hal! You da one, man!!!

I just feel that my last official duty as captain is to commend my team for doing so well, and make sure that I squarely take whatever blame is to be had for losing.

Although, I don't really feel that I should blame myself, or anybody, about it at all. We really did rock! They just rocked a tiny bit more.

All-Stars was all about fun...and it definitely was that! - hal

Yup, I couldn't have said it better myself. It was one of the most fun and exciting games I've played. :)

I'm still worn out from it. :)

Arkive
4th Sep 2000, 01:06 PM
Boom, don't be so hard on yourself, we weren't so much under-prepared as they were over-prepared :). Us not having RW setup between all users really hindered us...and lets face it, having Nemy and DS to face on O was just a bit too much...even for Ineff :). The Wombats totally had their act together, had mutiple coordinated attack paths, well...you get the idea...they had a well oiled machine.

I gotta say though...I rathered enjoyed listening to Booms commentary on RW while I waited to see if someone was gonna drop out of a game. There was an awful lot of "Damnit Nemy!"..."Fecking Nemy!"...and other explitives associated to other Wombats as well ;). But you could tell he was having a blast though...definitely no hard feelings in those phrases (just to make sure everyone knew that that stuff was said in jest). Anyway...definitely a good time. Sorry to my other FLABS for putting forth suck a puny effort on Orbital...guess the whole pressure of the All Star game, coupled with "trying" to stay coordinated with everyone really got the better of me...I still had a blast though :)...catch yal later...

Jeff

Rooster
4th Sep 2000, 01:21 PM
http://rooster.eicomm.net/demos/allstarhydro-WoD-defense.zip
http://rooster.eicomm.net/demos/allstarcoret-WoD-defense.zip
http://rooster.eicomm.net/demos/allstarorbital-WoD-defense.zip

There ya go. For your viewing pleasure. Recorded in Dolby 428 Stereo w/Panavision. :)

I had some household stuff to do (chasing kids & such) so you may see some shots of one area for a little bit. :)

Fallen!Angel!
4th Sep 2000, 02:44 PM
That was my first time doing UTRadio :p

Sorry I didnt record my Hydro16 and Coret broadcast, but they sucked anyway =p (Not the games, the broadcast did) I didnt know how to record, and CookieMonster{187}/wiggum recorded the Orbital one. Thx for lettin me broadcast, was a fun filled experience :D

Troll|PuF
4th Sep 2000, 03:12 PM
Wow, it amazes me that our team came off so prepared. As those of you who witnessed me having a nervous breakdown can attest to, until about 15 minutes before the match I thought it was just going to be me and Divided Sky. I'd played once with Nemy and Slayer in the GTF, and once with Divided Sky on the Roost. Ruiner was MIA at this point. Other than Slayer and Nemy, none of these people had ever played together as a team, and actually probably hadn't spoken to each other ever before. So I was hoping my intuition on what would make up a good team was correct.

Nemy was having major flipflops on whether he could play or not, I could not find anyone to host RW, I was giving DA the server info in one window, while trying to help Homi find Tantrum on the other window.

Finally everyone showed up right on time of course (Troll allways panicks too early), I tossed them all on RW, and said "OK. Here's what you do. If you die too much doing it, then stop doing that and go do something else. If you need support, come find me. I'll be the one feigning death in the flagroom."

or something like that :P

Truth be told, I gotta give props to all the Wombats. We had no backups on board and everyone was great at following my suggestions on strats and we'd sortof all modify our strat as a team as each map wore on.

Stallion, sorry I didn't have time to type to you, I kept forgetting you weren't on RW with us and as the rest of the Wombats will attest to, you caused many a YEHAW! on my end of things. In fact I think I pronounced your caps "sheer poetry" :)

Great job guys, I picked you all because you were super team players and in the 5 minutes we had together before the countdown, we became a team. Thanks again! :)

DragonAsh
4th Sep 2000, 03:17 PM
Bah, Troll just got lucky on Orbital.

I almost subbed in for Booms team *LOL*

Orbital was by far the best fight

Boom
4th Sep 2000, 04:26 PM
Orbital was amazing. Its true that when you play with good players, you perform better yourself. Once in a while I would have to stop and type "Yaaaay ME!! I did something useful!!!"

I was laughing my butt off when I saw Troll coming into my flag room. I was like "What is Troll doing leaving her base? She is going to get lost. That is why she plays defense in the first place." Actually, the first time I saw her in my base, I figured she was lost. Then I realized she was actually trying to go on a flag run. Heeeeeeeeeeeee.

Major props to Troll for mixing up her O and D and making that Orbital game so fun, rather than just sticking with NeMY and Slayer on O for the definite win.

We had the defense locked down. I really thought those Wombats weren't ever going to get a cap off of us. Then Troll put NeMy back on Offense. Grrrrrrr. ;) NeMy, if I ever get l337, I'm smacking you down cowboy! :p

I'm gonna have to listen to that Radio thingy.

Afterwards, Troll and I had a 1on1 on Deck. Sort of a captain v captain deal. Its great to know that despite all the pressure of this allstar deal, Troll and I are still as thick as thieves. We had tons of fun in our little private 1on1.

She destroyed me, of course. But I got a lot more frags off of her than either of us expected.

Man, I'm getting all worked up again. I'm gonna have to load up UT.

Ruffrider
4th Sep 2000, 04:38 PM
/me Can still blame his bad performance on his 56k. lol.

Ruffrider
4th Sep 2000, 04:42 PM
And by the way. I dint like the way 2 certain people acted *COUGH* ROO AND DA*COUGH* when i changed my name to |C|Ruffrider. That was just worng. Your crushing my dreams and hurting my future :). Thats why I vow to destroy you all When im broadband, You will DIE DIE DIE damnit. DIE!!

Troll|PuF
4th Sep 2000, 05:02 PM
I just watched the demo's and whoever recorded the ones Stallion posted up there, those ROCKED!!! I think every action packed moment was in there, and the POV was switched to certain players JUST as they had their shining moments. There were also some moments of sheer hilarity as well (Stallion with the deemer is a classic). Ruffy's flag run with four Wombats after him is amazing. Booms many flag returns are hysterical, because of his little two-step he does every time he returns one :)Those were AWESOME demos. Not sure if it was Blender or DA who rec'd them, but nice work guys!!!

The_Ruiner
4th Sep 2000, 05:17 PM
Troll. I'm very sorry I didn't make the match. Unfortunately my connection has gone from bad to worse :( The Roost was still unplayable for me despite my efforts to fix it. And to top it off, Sunday I wasnt even able to get into PU via gameslink :( But, my DSL is roughly 2 weeks away so I should be back 100% soon. Thanks for you consideration as a teamate. Congrats to the Wombats!! - Ruiner

DragonAsh
4th Sep 2000, 05:49 PM
It was all me baby!
I know what im doing! I see someone getst he flag and BOOM! (yes boom, BOOM! *L*) I switch the cam to them. Then when nothing is going on, I freelance ;p

Hey Troll, you shook your a$$ or the camera baby! And I got Stallion humpin it too! *LOL* It was on coret ;p

Babe, remember the camera thing on icq? *LOL*
Goes to show my skill *LOL*

DragonAsh
4th Sep 2000, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Ruffrider
And by the way. I dint like the way 2 certain people acted *COUGH* ROO AND DA*COUGH* when i changed my name to |C|Ruffrider. That was just worng. Your crushing my dreams and hurting my future :). Thats why I vow to destroy you all When im broadband, You will DIE DIE DIE damnit. DIE!!

Roo..we may have created a monster *LOL*

Selerox
4th Sep 2000, 06:16 PM
Sounds like they were good games :) Maybe by the time UT5 comes out I'll have got good enough to play in a PuF All-Star Game ;)

[NeMeSiS]
4th Sep 2000, 07:14 PM
Hehe spectatorz don't have to click in when its tourney mode....just thought I should point out..hehehe : )

Orkin Man
5th Sep 2000, 01:14 AM
Well, after my blazingly fast modem loaded that first page so incredibly fast I figured I had to say something to make up for it. (Note: In actuality that dowload of the first page allowed me to go and drop a load, not all that impressive you say? I ate nothing but Taco Bell today so believe me, that load time was absolutely pathetic)

But onto the point of this post. Looks like you guys/gals had some great games and I look forward to seeing some demos, when my connection permits....cable this week sometime....booyah! The thing I'm really looking forward to seeing is th Deemer in Stallion's ass, looks like a classic and that's only the screeny I'm seein. *L*

Anyways, great job guys/gals and I'm lookin forward to some kickass demos to watch in the coming days.

Temporary Account
5th Sep 2000, 02:35 AM
Hehe..I had fun too, even though I SUCKED ASS!@!@ :) I think I spent more time in the enemy's base hiding than I did in mine on Hydro...oh well. I learned a lot from that actually. Anyways...can't wait to view those demos guys. See all the l33t Wombat moves. Can't wait for the next one! :)

Ineffectual
5th Sep 2000, 03:24 AM
Props out to everyone involved. Those were some good games and I saw lots of skillful playing going on. ;) Most of the captures were hard fought, so I don't think we have anything to really be ashamed of. ;) It just seemed like such a blowout because of perception, not actual flag scores. :) If anyone wants I'll make my demos available (just msg the lurker in channel and I'll take note). Congrats to everyone who played. (I'll have to go download some of those other demos.) Oh, and don't be so hard on yourself Boomy, you did a great job ;)

'Fect

Allison
8th Sep 2000, 04:57 PM
Although I've been browsing through this forum for a couple of weeks now, this is my first time actually posting. I have to say that you guys all sound like a great bunch of people. Maybe someday I'll be good/brave enough to actually play with some of you without Totally embarrassing myself. Anyway, my question is this: How do I play the demo files? I'm sure it's a stupid question, but could someone help me out?

THX

Morety
8th Sep 2000, 05:08 PM
Welcome Allison. :) Always good to see fresh meat. :)

To play a demo, you do the following:

hit the ~ key. (top left corner).

type in: demoplay Filename.dem

Next time you're playing, come to #planetunreal. When you've booted up UT, click on the chat tab. Where it says channel, type #planetunreal in the white box.

You'll see a bunch of us hanging out chatting or playing in there at any given time.

If you see a name you want to play with, double click on their name and a private message (pm) screen will come up. Type a . in there and press enter. A link to where they're playing will come up. Click on that link and you're playing with us. :)

Hope to see you there.

Ineffectual
8th Sep 2000, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the forums Allison! =) Come play with us anytime, just join #pu and we'll find a server. To play a demo just load UT, press the tilde (~) key and type "demoplay demoname.dem" (without quotes). You have to put demos you've downloaded in your UT/system directory.

'Fect

Ineffectual
8th Sep 2000, 05:11 PM
Well Morety beat me by a minute to the answer... ;) However, now we need to nominate him for the new "Longest Sig" award... I never thought an ass could dominate so much of my screen.....

'Fect

Goughmezz
8th Sep 2000, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Morety
Welcome Allison. :) Always good to see fresh meat. :)

Be afraid Allison, be very afraid. BTW- he's not talking in the frag-sense either. ;) lol!!!

Morety
8th Sep 2000, 05:41 PM
/me holds his finger up to his lips and blows off the smoke, making the sound of a hollow gun barrel, and holsters it.

Don't worry about the sig. 'fect. I'll be getting rid of it in a day or two. I just liked the way the pic's went with Y5's quote. :p

Allison
10th Sep 2000, 07:27 PM
Thanks to Morety and Ineffectual for telling me how to play the demo. I never would have figured that one out! And Goughmezz, you frighten me like a big spider frightens a little school girl. EEEEK. :)

hal
10th Sep 2000, 07:34 PM
Everyone here is pretty harmless. Goughmezz is just trying to get your attention. :)

Ultron
10th Sep 2000, 09:51 PM
Did anyone record demos of themselves playing? I really hate chase cam demos. :D

Kaz
11th Sep 2000, 02:42 AM
Mortey I don't see the pics that are in your sig...or am I just trippin and hearing (errr seeing) things? ;)

My sig owned your sig mortey...I used to take up a quarter of the page with mine :D

Kaz

{950}Slayer|PuF
11th Sep 2000, 12:51 PM
I did of the Hydro match..Ultron!! But that's classified!! :D

I could show you it but then I would have to Frag Ya!! :D

Morety
11th Sep 2000, 02:13 PM
I had a picture of one of the chipmunks from "Alvin and the Chipmunks", then a photo of buttocks (very happy ones I might add), and finally a picture of Y5.

It was only going to be temporary anyway so people could laugh at me. They did, now it's done. Big sig's suck.

Ultron
11th Sep 2000, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by {950}Slayer|PuF
I did of the Hydro match..Ultron!! But that's classified!! :D

I could show you it but then I would have to Frag Ya!! :D

Well you could always post it here in this thread for just me to get. I won't show anyone else.... ;)

{950}Slayer|PuF
11th Sep 2000, 08:45 PM
Can you email me a place that I can upload it too!! I currently don't have a place to stick it!! And I'm working on an FTP server for future use right now!!