Obvious newbie question, please take time to answer it

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-=Axis=-

Aug 18, 2000
Visit site
Im assuming its posible to bind a taunt to a key
its not exactly sensible for me to stop in the middle of deathmatch to navigate that menu and use my favourite taunt on the poor bastard i just sent screaming to hell

so if this is possible, and im assuming yes it is, caould someone please tell me how to do it, i really want to have my favoutie taunts at the press of a key

thanks to anyone taht can help

-=Axis=-

Aug 18, 2000
Visit site
actually i think that auto taunts do suck, that's why i want to bind the ones i like

the whole point of taunting someone is you personally trying to take them down a peg with abuse, i hardly get pissed off by some moron with his auto taunts, but if someone actually makes the choice to say "you suck!" then that's far more aggravating

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
I'll tell you why Sam!!!!

They're FU'CKING ANNOYING.... That's why.. If you do something great... Frag the enemy flag carrier...return your flag...get the winning cap...By all means throw out a taunt.. But to sit there and taunt EVERYTIME you get a frag..it's just stupid...

I did have autotaunt turned on at one point... It lasted about two days...I could not even put up with my own autotaunts....Just bind a few keys, a "YEEHAW" or "BOOM" now and then is great...but the way I look at it.....
AUTOTAUNTS=SPAM

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
Yes, but....

If you turn taunts off, you will not hear any, but also...you can't say any....

I don't really have a problem with taunts..It's just the constant spamming of them is what gets annoying.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
There are separate switches to disabeling sending and/or receiving auto-taunts.

I certainly disabled hearing auto-taunts. I only wanna hear somebody when he actually has something to say.

I also disabled sending auto-taunts. Most people disabled hearing them, but still I don't like taunting everybody after every frag. I feel offended myself when somebody repeatedly taunts me and I don't wanna offend anybody, who doesn't deserve it. Nothing against a "Yeeehaa!" or a "Mooo" now and then, but things like "You suck!" or "Die, bítch!" after every frag are simply not funny.