PDA

View Full Version : pathpoints tutorial

juuk
2nd Sep 2000, 07:52 AM
Does anyone know a good pathpoints tutorial,because i just can't seem to find it.And is it possible to let a brush follow interpolating points,because in the brush properties you can set PHYS_to PHYS_interpolating.(I know that the interpolating points are for a demo and pathpoints for a brush,but i was just wandering if it's possible.)
Offtopic question:How can i change my username in the edit profile?

J_NL

Aphex
4th Sep 2000, 06:09 PM
have a look here for pathing:
http://doe.lowlife.com/database/unreal/monster.shtml
Dunno bout the other quezzies Im afraid.

juuk
4th Sep 2000, 09:38 PM
Well Aphex i was looking for a pathpoint tutorial not a pathnode tutorial,but that doesn't matter anymore because i got it working right now.That also brings up a new question,is it possible to let the brush repeat the path infinite? I have already tried to use a loopmover(set to initialstate loopmove),roundrobbin(set to bloop) and a timedtrigger(set to brepeating) with no success.

J-NL

Aphex
5th Sep 2000, 03:21 AM
Ah i see - you're on about movers!
A LoopMover will gou round infinitely, moving from its last path point to the first. I have used LoopMovers in conjunction with a TimedTrigger and they work for me ok. You got all the tags correct?

juuk
5th Sep 2000, 07:04 AM
I know how to make a loopmover using the Keyframes,but i am trying to make a loopmover repeating the pathpoints.I believe you mixed the path points and keyframes up,correct me if i am wrong.If not please tell me how i can make it work with Pathpoints.

J-NL

juuk
11th Sep 2000, 06:55 PM
Doesn't anyone know if it's even possible or the interpolating question.

J-NL