PS2Rate vs ASUS K7V ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JuiceEggsMcKenna

MC68060/50
Aug 31, 2000
Australia
clivebarker.net
G'Day

So on the PuF site is says that no-one has ever had a problem with PS2Rate. Well, it freaked my machine right out. Boot up Win 98 and touch the mouse within about 60 seconds of the Taskbar's first appearance and your mouse pointer goes off the scope. Only solution is to reboot - and then remove PS2Rate. (The Logitech Mouseware PS/2 port tweaker seems to work, but the rest of the package seems to suck so I don't use it).

A friend of mine had the same problem on his machine too. The common factor seems to be the ASUS K7V motherboard. It's an Athlon board with lots of PCI slots and USB ports. I haven't tried upgrading the BIOS yet...

Anyone else got one of these? Had any luck getting it to work with PS2Rate?

Cheers,

Juice Eggs

lunchblaze

Codlike
Jul 31, 2000
East Fort Sp0rkville
je,
i've got the same setup. asus k7v w/ 1005.a bios.
i use ps2rate plus. when i run it, it says no ps2 mouse detected - then suggests that i try again with "don't detect" activated. when i do this, i get no error and test around 80-90 on the check frequency - i suppose i'm happy so far.

one other thing, i read that the microsoft natural keyboard ($50) comes with a ps2 to usb convertor. i don't want the keyboard, but belkins ps2 to usb is over $70. maybe i'll just get the keyboard for the cheaper adapter and use it for the mouse. (as im sure you know usb checks much more often than ps2).

out.