430 PATCH

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Suicide killa

Aug 24, 2000
Visit site
Well if you haven't already seen they just realesed the list for the new 430 patch. It looks promising but i think i will still wait 3 weeks after the release. Now who will be the first 100 fools to try it out for me and report the all the bugs. HEHE

Suicide killa

Aug 24, 2000
Visit site
LOL Ok thx. After what i seen the last 2 do im a little reluctant to try this version out. Im glad to see that my patients has come in handy when they released 425 and 428. If I downloaded it I most likely would of ended up like everyone else. HEHE

Kukuman

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT
Mar 27, 2000
Bothell, WA
That data on disconnect bug is the bug that has pissed me off the most. I hate it SO MUCH. They were supposed to fix it in 413...and again in a lot of other patches...but nooooooo...if they don't fix it in this one I will be so pissed off!

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Ok, just tried it out on Barrysworld servers, CMGA (sp?) DNA and Wireplay servers. Now, these servers are some of my favorites and I played on them alot. So, believe me when I say I know how my UT plays on those servers. Now, believe me when I say....WOW!

It made no mention of D3D stuff, but my UT runs faster on now! 5 to 8 frames faster...AVERAGE. No lockups, crashes or stutters (but I haven't experienced them before). I run a PIII 550 TnT 2 card with 256 megs of RAM. But, let me tell you, even with what I have I never saw my UT run like this before. UT runs in D3D.

Pings seemed average...stable.

Maps loaded up fast...hardly the two hour precaching. I jumped into a server in less than 5 seconds. It used to take 10 to 15 seconds.

Server refresh rate...1 minute 15 secs to complete. Not bad...used to take five minutes.

As for the modem still sending traffic after disconnect...don't know...I use ISDN and it's hard for me to benchmark. Usually after I disconnect, it's complete. Can't help you there.

Now, for mods. All my mods worked. Inf, Eavy Hunter, UWar, and Akimbo to name a few. All mutators worked. No crashes.

In game. The speed was fast. Even with pings that are normal to me, it seemed I was playing on LAN. Yes, sounds strange, and it wierded me out too. It was fast and smooth. Unbelievable. However, weapons still would go into the ground or stick halfway in and out of walls.

Skins, didn't notice any wierd skins...unlike the 429. But it's early and I haven't conducted a full test for that yet.

Unreal Ed. No obvious improvements. But no crashes or crazy stuff either. Seemed the same.

If this is the version they will release...then I say get it. But I think they will come out with another one...still some bugs. One bug, of course is the weapons in the ground. The other was the pulse rifle...actually...most weapons...not making any sound when you fire. It only happened to me on Lava maps.

The spam messages not showing up were a blessing. You here the silly auto taunts, but it didn't clutter up the chat area. NICE! But wierd...had to get used to it because I am conditioned to see those messages and shuffle through the crap to find the meat. But now all the messages are meat. Now, one thing about that I wasn't too happy about, but I can live with. I have a voice message bound to a custom message. For example soilder voice "INCOMING" with a custom message "Enemy, upper level". Normally you would see "INCOMING""Enemy, upper level" together. Now you only here the Incoming, but don't see it. Not a bad thing...but something new to get used to.

Nice job Epic. I'll post more when I have time to complete a thorough test.

(BoD) nepenthe

Sayee Lo
Aug 23, 2000
Denton, TX
www.nepentheisland.com
Every time a new UT patch comes out and people start saying how much smoother their online game seemed, I get nervous. I just don't want Epic to do what Valve did to HL's netcode. It could cause considerable damage, IMO.

Btw, nice report, Proph.

Suicide killa

Aug 24, 2000
Visit site
Prophetus you are the man

When i posted this thread i didn't think I would get a report like that. Its people like you that reassure me that there are people at these forums that know what they are talking about. If the patch is as good as you say it is i just might download it. But i will still wait 3 weeks after i start hearing the first wave of complaints. the last 2 didnt exactly instill confidence in me.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
Yah, that's why I posted my specs. We all know what works on one comp may not work on another. I really can't give an honest opinion for those who have specs outside of my own, especially those who use Voodoo cards or AMD chipsets. Like I said, I hope to come back with a complete report on a full test. It may be tomorrow or this weekend.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
nep - you seem pretty traumatized by what happened to HL, buddy. Just relax - I can hook u up w/ some prozac if you want.

I hope 430 fixes my #$*%&^% 428 probs! i need to wait for the crack tho...

AzzKicker

Feb 26, 2000
Visit site
I am currently still running the 428 patch...I did have the patch for 425, but the D3D was junk.

I must say though the 428 patch has been great for me, but I do wish they would just remove the cd check already. That is really annoying...mind you I guess I could get the crack, but it would be nicer to have the "offical" one.

I think I will wait to install the 430 patch unless it has been posted to really be good.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
Ok, here is an update:

Server: LiveMetal CTF.
Gametype: Instagib
Ping: 156
Version: 430
URL: oops forgot
FPS: 63
Problems: None

Server: Unclan CTF server
Gametype: Normal
Ping 170
Version 430
URL: unreal://64.59.199.70:7757
FPS: 50
Problems: Skins were messed up. Players claimed they weren't using custom or skin cheats.

Server: Wireplay
Gametype: Normal CTF
Ping: 64
Version: 429
url: unreal://212.127.20.20:33777
FPS: 61
Problems: Skins again. Weapons in the ground.

Server: Daily Radar-Barrypower
Gametype: Normal CTF
Ping: 94
Version: 428
url: unreal://194.88.93.78:7800
FPS: 60
Problems: None

These are some of the servers I played on tonight to test the patch. The first server was in another country...US I think. So, that will expain the high pings. I experienced some lag on that server with packet loss of 5%. But the pace was normal. The other servers were smooth. Yet, the skin problems continued. I did experience one problem, when I went to advanced options (the screen minmizes, of course), then went back to full screen, once I was back in the game (no disconnect) I couldn't pick up any items. Nothing...nada...nope. Weapons, health, armor and even the flag. I had to disconnect and reconnect to the server. First time I seen this problem...so don't know if it's the patch or maybe it's normal.

Overall, the patch is working fine...for now:).

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Proph that... in the world but cant interact thing always happens if you alt+tab or otherwise UT feels neglected for a short period of time - it will kick you out, but you kinda stay on the server.

I'll be loading up Server 430 tomorrow on The Roost. Yall are welcome to try it out.

And if anyone finds a CD-crack for 430, lemme know. (My son seems to have this fascination with my cd-rom drive, any time the light blinks, he pushes the eject button)

==Cl@nKi113r==

This space for hire.
Jul 24, 2000
Visit site
Hey Rooster, you know there's an unSafedisk unwrapper out there, to make your own no-cd patches??

Not sure this forum allows posting such material...let me know & I'll post it...no more waiting :eek:)

DaForZe

Apr 12, 2000
www.magic-dreams.com
kewl

KEWL@Roosters son :D:D:D:D:D:D

hehe must be a quite funny screenie when rooster looks at his son after he has pusshed the eject button :D

and to the patch...428 suckt me up only probs and slower speed and slower fps so 428 sucksxxxx for my system:..

ill download 430er tonight and try it out ill post in here also the results as on our hp... -->> http://www.mnsg.net <<--

i´ll wish u a great weekend:..iam on my way back to our LAN-Party...

cu all

Noah

Can't wait for 430

I can't wait for the 430, although I am really not to big of an online player, I do like to edit and create levels.

With the 430 you can create curved surfaces like QuakeIII (so they claim)... which if true, is way cool. So even if this one does not preform on the net, or render quite as it should; I think the trade off is worth it in the long run.

Just a editors viewpoint,
Noah