CTF - team specific PlayerStarts?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

desmond

Jan 18, 2000
Waipahu, HI, USA
Visit site
Hello! I am trying to make my first CTF map but I am having problems with the playerstarts. Although I have some of my playerstarts set to 0 and the others to 1, it never enforces what team actually starts there. Sometimes red starts there but other times blue does! I even tried using the flags and playerstarts from the "Faces" map but after I deleted everything else(architecture, etc.) and added my own design, rebuilt and saved, I still ended up with the same problem. Can somebody please help me?

thanks a million!

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
0=red, 1=blue, make sure you have either your DefaultGameType set for CTF or toggle the boolean bTeamStart (or something like that) to true under Playerstart Properties. I don't have it running so I can't say for sure.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Don't forget to run a Paths Define (Press F8=>Lighting tab=>big button that says Paths Define). This'll ensure that the everybody pops up where they should be.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
Wanderer is right; don't waste time doing a paths define unless you are about to playtest the level, or if you're tweaking your pathnodes and need to see if a small node tweak has changed a path from red to blue.

Smack Daddy

Jan 14, 2000
Houston, TX
The paths define gets me everytime!! Now I do it every few minutes when I'm editing so that when I test my level everything new is in effect.

bullet2.gif

Smack Daddy
Ruler of all that I survey...and that ain't much.
Visit my UT website: <A HREF="http://www.smack_daddy.homestead.com
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.smack_daddy.homestead.com
</A>

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
When the levels start getting real big you're better off leaving Paths Define till when you want to actually play test (I do this once about umm.... ok, so never till the map is done).