PDA

View Full Version : Diamond MM Servers gone for good ...

DividedSky
31st Aug 2000, 01:49 PM
Troll posted this in OT:

http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=23717

I think it's on-topic, so I'm giving you guys a link from here.

Bad news :(

bodkins
31st Aug 2000, 02:33 PM
Hey,

DS, look a little deeper. I think this only affects DMMF. There is a link at dmmunderground http://www.dmmunderground.com/default.asp?menu=quake_iii_arena&sub_menu= . It's the quake3 link) which anounces MUCH support for Q3 from S3 AND 10 new (apparently) Quake3 servers. What is with that?

The web site might just be out of date. They may have dropped ALL game servers. I don't know. But that isn't what it says.

Thanks

Jim
bodkins@prologic.com

P.S.

I just decided to NEVER own an S3 product.

hobart_paving
31st Aug 2000, 03:12 PM
well, ever since a bad experience a couple months back, i haven't gone near a dmm server anyway. i was playing as my other alias "LuckyAssSheep" and dmm|e banned me from the server for having a profanity in my name. anyone who has played with me knows that i don't use taunts and i don't make disparaging remarks during games. it really irked me that i got kicked(and then banned when i tried to go back and talk to the guy who kicked me) because i chose a silly name.

oh, i could have gone to other dmm servers since i think the ban was only on one server, but it just left a really bad impression and i don't think i've been back to any dmm servers since(except on the random occassion i'm following some from irc somewhere and end up on a dmm).

DividedSky
31st Aug 2000, 03:25 PM
Yeah, DMM had that tight-a$$ policy on profanity. I actually kind of liked it, it tended to shut up a lot of spamming llamas - but I agree that it was pretty sh!tty to ban you for that.

I actually felt like the competition and caliber of players increased on DMM after Jamison was taken offline. Bodkins, here's to hoping it is only a temporary thing :) ... but the servers have been down for several days now ...

Temporary Account
31st Aug 2000, 03:57 PM
I just started playing on those servers as a backup to my other regulars, and was generally pretty happy with them. Bah!! :(

bodkins
31st Aug 2000, 04:04 PM
It's permanent.

http://www.dmmunderground.com/

I HATE this.

Hey Hobart, so you're LuckyAssSheep. You got up my nose in a major way several nights ago (good play) -). I saw LuckyAssSheep join and tought, Uh oh. I'm just glad there arent two of you -).

DMMFed had MANY admins. You were probably banned by one of them with a thin skin. Actually, anyone could apply to become an admin, I think. Keeping the spam in line was a good thing. Banning because of a name that included the word ass? Intollerant me thinks.

Thanks

Jim
bodkins@prologic.com

hobart_paving
31st Aug 2000, 07:41 PM
hey bodkins. i didn't even notice you were in that game. i switched to your team when it became like a 10 on 5. luckily the teams evened out later. i dunno why, but i prefer being blue on november anyway.

ps: there's nothing quite like a killing spree flag run in ot to clinch the game. :D

Kukuman
31st Aug 2000, 07:56 PM
:D :D :D :D HOOOOOORRRAAAAYYYY! Now those power-hungry, moral police admins will be back working at McDonalds where they belong! AHHBHAHBHABHABHBHAHBH I hated those DMM servers

oooo we are soooo underground boom DMM undergroud NO PROFANITY/CLOSE SPELLINGS ALLOWED ON THESE SERVERS IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE EXECUTED booom boom boom underground we r so underground yo YOU WILL BE EXECUTED IF YOU VIOLATE THESE RULES

Some of the CS server admins were OK but the UT ones were just plain mean.

Temporary Account
31st Aug 2000, 08:05 PM
Well..no one forces you to play there..I happened to like them.

And yer sig rox...please tell me you aren't actually using Dr. Sbaitso now? God that program is old! Hehe..used to keep me entertained during my short stint at Circus City.

bodkins
31st Aug 2000, 08:14 PM
Hobart, I'm ALWAYS glad to see you in a match,(more if you are on my team). And sudden death wins are great fun.

Kuku, I agree in general, BUT DMMFed were my best pingers. As a modem user, I am now considering .... well I don't know what, but something VERY desperate.

What I don't understand is this; Is S3 enlarging it's commitment to Q3A exclusively? It almost looks that way. And if so, what's with that?

Thanks

Jim
bodkins@prologic.com

~NitroFish*
1st Sep 2000, 12:14 AM
Ah man, I've been wondering why I haven't seen the DMM servers in the list. I'm not a Deck 16 junkie but I've played alot of good Deck 16 games on the DMM server. DMM FEB16 always gave me a good stable ping 100-110, no packet loss. Never had any problems with admins or llamas.

So now their going to Q3A. How sad and lame...