Pokemon Virus

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I shît you not, there is a Pokemon virus going round. I got the following from Computer Shopper's email newsletter:

Pokemon virus on the loose

24 August - DN Wire -- Pikachu and chums have moved out of the world of surreal children's entertainment to begin attacking PCs.

Nicknamed "Pokey", the virus is attached to a message which purports to be sent from the Pokemon Website and carries the subject line "Pikachu Pokemon". Upon opening the attachment, a picture of Pikachu (the little yellow Pokemon) appears, along with the heart-warming - if badly-worded - message:

"Between millions of people around the world I found you. Don't forget to remember this day every time MY FRIEND."

Pikachu's show of affection is a deceptive ruse, however - the virus erases critical Windows system files and spreads itself to every contact in the victim's Outlook address book (Outlook Express is not affected). According to anti-virus company Symantec, the virus will only run if the file MSVBVM60.DLL is present on the target computer.

Although the worm doesn't appear to be widespread at present, those receiving the message are advised to delete it immediately.

Joel Harrison

Somebody bring me my anti-Pikachu spray :D

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
thanks for telling us

orecaX|PuF hands deadly anti-pikachu spray
gengar.jpg

i got care of that one with my .44 magnum

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
I kept trying to tell them that the Japs were up to no good with that Pokemon stuff, but nooooo, nobody listens to L_S until its too late! Muahahahahahahahaha.....

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Hehe the fools in Clan Pikachu will get a kick outta this one. Oh and nice pic. However it is highly unrealistic. Gengar is a ghost pokemon meaning that it can only be hurt by special attacks. Meaning you couldn't fill it full of bullit holes. I still like the idea however. How do I know this?? let's just say I spent too much time around pokefan fools

[PuF]The_darK

May 13, 2000
everywhere
Visit site
yeah but who the hell would open an e-mail about pokemon? i mean seriously....deletedeletedeletedelete...well thats how it is for my hotmail account... feel free to spam it... Mattin8or@hotmail.com hehehe