I knew it would happen but didn't think is would be like this....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FROM_ THE_ HEAVENS

Apr 20, 2000
Shawnee, kansas, USA
Visit site
Not that any of my post ever go noticed anyway....
I knew a time was coming where i would get really tired of all the skin cheating...llamas....whiners....etc....
and would start turning my attention to another game.
Forgive me fellow Puffers for I have Cheated....
yes me...
i have cheated on UT...
her name is MADDEN 2k1...
Just so many hours in a day...
and with football season coming up.....i don't how long these two will be able to coexist.
UT has been really good to me...
but MADDEN is just tickling my fancy lately...and that Franchise mode is DEEP....(and for 19.99) at BESTBUY it was screaming BUY ME BUY ME...I will be good to you.

well looks like i will have to vary my schedule...3.5days UT/3.5days Madden..

anyone else moving on to new things....

Even though it has been out for a while, I've been swimming around in the ocean of conspiracies of Deus Ex. Holy sh!t that game 0wns... also Perfect Dark for my N64.

And I've been watching the halo movie twice a day now that I have found it will be coming out for PC and Mac...

have you noticed in the halo movie in the scene with the spiked back dinosaur looking things it roars and its the exact same sound as a zombie grunt from Doom?

Phydeaux{RoA}

Phydolike
Jan 11, 2000
Wisconsin, USA
www.bfgn.com
Heh...

I diversify. I don't want to burn out on UT, so I'm playing some DiabloII on the side, along with Motocross Madness 2, the original Carmageddon, and NFL Fever 2000. We also go pod racing against each other over at heat.net. It's not an internet TCP/IP game, but it does support LAN play, and heat has the coolest virtual IPX network going.

Playing other games here and there keeps me perpetually ready for UT. ;)

admiral95

Jun 22, 2000
Little Elm, TX, USA
UT's been doing pretty good for me, I think I keep myself up with it, by trying out new mods or whatnot. And considering that I don't wish to spend any more money on high priced PSX games, or N64, I think I'll just have to put those systems up on ebay, and get what I can for them. When i'm not on UT, I'm on Age of Empires II, what an addictive game! I've moved on from consoles to strictly PC.

Game0rz

May 13, 2000
lots of games and movies use the same sounds...
theres kind of a big sound vault that you can get sounds out of or something, but its common to hear the same sounds in movies and games.

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
theres kind of a big sound vault that you can get sounds out of or something

I've seen several collections of sounds, textures, etc, which are available to software developers. Most sets are in the area of 50+ CD-Roms, and several thousand dollars in price, though there are, of course "blue light special" versions out there for much less.

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Hehe, I tried to mix UT with Homeworld and Homeworld lost.

Now I'm trying to combine UT with Ground Control. GC is too cool to look at to put down (although both games have been losing out to Reallife(tm) Cricket).

My back hurts :(

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site
Isn't Deus Ex on the old Unreal engine not the new UT engine? Maybe Im wrong, just recall readin that along time ago...maybe they switched it in development then...I didn't get along with the demo of the game tho...

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
I've really tried, but.....

I can't play anything else. About a month or so ago, I played NFS High Stakes for a few hours. I used to play a lot of Q2, but never only Q2.

I guess I played around with The Sims, but thats only because my kid kept bugging me to play it.

I am trying to improve my skills, but it just seems really wierd that I have no desire to play anything else.

I am looking forward the the game Black and White

MRHYDE

Blah Blah Blah
Nov 10, 1999
Portland, ME
Visit site
admiral95

And considering that I don't wish to spend any more money on high priced PSX games, or N64, I think I'll just have to put those systems up on ebay, and get what I can for them.

You should see if you have any used game places near you. The cash is immediate, and you do not have the head ache of shipping and all of that.

As for the thread itself:

I have been playing Soldier of Fortune a lot. I like the game. I know not many people did but... 26 different hit zones when shooting someone is cool. Neck shots, head shots, nether region shots, all nicely summed up for you after each level.

Diablo 2 has been the other distraction...

Yet, no matter how I try I am always brought back to UT.

DedMeat

Dapper Rat
May 9, 2000
Great Britain
UT has saved me a lot of money :D Since getting it in December I haven't wanted to buy/play many new games.

Recently I've been playing Dues Ex, and I find Diablo 2 a refreshing change of pace after playing a lot of UT.

Oh yes, and I'm trying to spend more time in RealLife(tm) ;)