428 Servers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Does anyone else have problems on servers running 428? I had 420, and whenever I was on a 428 server, I saw things like the wrong color skins, other players were not animated and just glided (glid?) around, ghost images of players where they last got killed and sometimes I couldn't even move.

So I thought it was on my comp and I upgraded my Win98 PC to 428. It works the exact same as before. No improvement on the 428 servers, no difficulties on 425 severs and below.

I mostly play DOM and the worst server is Gamespy Whitelion 3 Team - which really sucks because it used to rock before they upgraded. Does anyone have similar probs or any suggestions? I don't know if this matters but i have a Voodoo Banshee using Glide.

Thanks all.

Suicide killa

Aug 24, 2000
Visit site
Yeah Skold we all have the same problem. It seems epics last to patches (425 and 428) has really f*cked up online game play. I just try to find servers that run only the 420 patch and below. I dont ever plan on installing 425 or 428 because it has also caused alot of other issues. So if i was you i would go back to 420 as soon as possible before you start seeing the side affects of epics latest virus ... uhh I mean patch. hehe

Suicide killa

Aug 24, 2000
Visit site
Then you are one of the few lucky ones Duzaka. Most of us have seen the effects. I mean the list on the online play issues are bad enough as it is.
-dead people still stand where they was killed
-characters changing colors
-characters floating around and look like they have broken necks
-and not to mention noticible slowdowns.

And I wont even get into the D3D issue that some people have been complaining about.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
There's got to be something that is common on the machines that are having probs. Do you use Glide, killa?

Suicide killa

Aug 24, 2000
Visit site
No i dont, unfortunatly I dont have a 3dfx based card. My card can run D3D but it looks like crap so i just run the software rendering. But i turn all the graphics up in the advance menu so i can get the most out of it.(coranos, shiny surfaces, ect.) What I like to know is what epic was trying to fix becuase they sure as hell failed at that. They took away the best part of this game and that was the online game play

admiral95

Jun 22, 2000
Little Elm, TX, USA
Same problem here.

I tried out a few of the servers running 428, while I'm on 420, and this is especially seen in the Rocket Arena's. While spectating a match in RA:UT, I noticed the two guys fighting were just gliding along the ground with their guns stuck towards the ground. Also, I had complemented a guy on his skin, when it turned out that the server running 428 didn't allow me to download any special skins, and when I proceeded to fight (as the boss skin) I had the same skin as this other guy ( i could tell, cause I had died =( ...it looked like the guy from Mortal Kombat 4, the wind guy, can't remember his name, but grey hair, with a pony tail, and the colors were all messed up. The server ran fine, it was just spectating that looked funny. So I found a server running the old 420, and I could see the people actually moving their feet, switching weapons, and the boss skin was back to normal. It is something with the 428 patch. I will stick with my 420 until all the air is cleared from the bugs flying around on the 425 and 428 patches.