Unrealed error

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kenny

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
When I load up Unrealed I get that Runtime error. I went to Unrealed's site, downloaded the files needed to fix the problem, extracted the files into the proper directory, etc. I'm still getting the error. Anyone know any other ways of fixing the problem?

Red13

Jan 13, 2000
Visit site
Hehe... i get the same thing too, and I want to map for UT too /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

Run-time error '48'.
File not found: Editor.dll

Someone please help... I am a Newbie Llama.

-Red 13

Kenny

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
Okay, I got some help and I managed to fix the problem by reinstalling Unrealed.

But now I get some crap that 'ini.Engine.Engine.EditorEngine' can't be found. I can't view any maps, look at textures, load music, etc.

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
Pop your 2nd UT cd in, and open it up in Windows Explorer. Go into the Unrealed Folder and run the Install Unrealed program. Hopefully that should work.

bullet2.gif

Jenkins

Kenny

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
If that advice was for me, it still didn't work. As soon as I start up the program i get an error saying that it can't find 'ini.Engine.Engine.EditorEngine' in the configuration file.

Claymore

The Flying Dutchman
Dec 24, 1999
Utreg, Holland
www.xs4all.nl
Format your computer, install UT with all options on, fix the editor with whatever file was mentioned on this forum about a hundred times.

That is about the most brutal way to fix your problem. In my case the fix-file (I did NOT need that 2nd CD) was all I needed.
Dunno in your case though, maybe some sys-specs would be nice here.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
nobody uses web & usenet search engines any more. these questions have been asked and answered every single day for the past month at least.

install unrealed from cd#2 to your \unrealtournament\system directory.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
"Someone please help... I am a Newbie Llama."

Ok this isn't the Counter-Strike board. We're not arrogant *******s that believe that your only have a valid opinion and have a brain if you've posted 1000 times.

Instead we're plotting to take over the world within the next 10 years by taking over Congress and turning the US into a police state and then forcing all other countries to do the same /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

Kenny

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
Uh, I already installed it from the cd. I also uninstalled UT and then reinstalled it, but that didn't work. I had also previously formatted my comp, twice. The first time for ****s, and Unrealed worked then. I found problems and I formatted again and installed everything, downloaded everything back from scratch, etc. And formatting my comp just to reinstall something (which I've pretty much done in the first place) would be going a bit too extreme.

Here are my specs:
Windows 98
p450 mhz
11.4 gig HD
Dx7

My problem lies somewhere in my config file, but what is this and where is it? (hint: If you've been thoroughly reading what I've posted you'll find the error I'm getting, and that's not something listed on Unrealed's site. I also emailed the guy there and I still haven't gotten a reply from him.)

As for now I'll take Latch's advice and use a Usenet search engine, but I'll still be waiting for any less extreme help. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

GoMental

Jan 14, 2000
Manchester, WA, USA
www.oz.net
Kenny, I feel your pain. I and a couple others have had the same error and unfortunately nobody seems to be familiar with it and only offer fixes for the other UnrealEd errors. I know they mean well, but they simply don't know about this error. It seems to be a conflict with the patches and/or particular systems.
UnrealEd runs fine for me after installing UT from the CD, even using CD #2, *until* I install either of the last patches, then I get the error you mentioned.

So what I'm doing until I (or someone) can figure this error out is to have 2 installs, one version 400 (from CD) for the editor, and one 405 patched for playing the game.

good luck, let me know if you come up with anything,

Mental

virtros

Dec 22, 1999
orlando, FL USA
www.ghosthacked.org
hmmmm. i've seen a similar problem. are you using voodoo2's? my pal has this problem. i did too but it went away. (i have a tnt2) i'm sure it has something to do with not finding the [Engine.Editor] section in your unrealtournament.ini though i'm sure it is there.

i installed the editor to my /unrealtournament/unrealed directory but i run the unrealed that resides in my /system dir. good program but it has more bugs that a roach motel

V

DarthGreg

Jan 17, 2000
Visit site
Kenny, I too feel your pain. More than I'd like to, in fact. I have the exact same problem. I too, have tried doing a ton of stuff, from reinstalling the game to playing with the *.ini files. Nothing has worked as of yet. Here are my system specs:

PIII 600
27.3GB HD
256MB RAM
TNT2 (with most current drivers)

Can't think of any other relevant information. If anyone finds out anything, post it here, PLEASE. I know there are at least three posts on this BB that relate to this problem. If any of you boys out there at Epic are listening, help is appreciated. Thanks. Oh yeah, the exact error message reads as follows:

"Can't find 'ini':Engine.Engine.EditorEngine' in configuration file

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <-InitEngine"

bullet2.gif

-------------------------------------------------
Darth Greg
Dark Lord of the Sith
DarthGreg@hotmail.com
ICQ#: 40641320
AIM: DarthGreg
"Evil always beats good, because good is stupid."
-------------------------------------------------

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
One of you guys zip up all of the .ini files and send them to me. I wanna see if it's something there.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Also, what's the exact folder you guys set the UED install for? I did D:\UnrealTournament and it dropped everything into the right folders.