Oppinions needed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ArKile

Just another grunt
Nov 15, 1999
Warrington, England
www.planetunreal.com
Im working on an amazing map, but I want to ask you the end users what powers do you want most, (jumpboots prohibited)

im limiting it to 5, so give me your top 5

also give me your top 5 wanted weapons (you dont need to include either the enforcer, impact hammer, translocator or the redeemer)

Butch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
hmmm

i say it depends on the map..if its a small map..i say no powerups except for a body armor and put rockets, flak, mini, and the plasma.

if its a big map..put shield and amp

mini, rockets, sniper, and shock.

lol i dunno if im any good @ this

hehe btw it seems like i picked all my favorite weapons except the plasma.

rofl

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Arkile I think it depends on the map and the info. As far as my five fave weapons, RL, Shock, Flak, Mini, Ripper

Ineffectual

May 31, 2000
students.washington.edu
Well... I can give my opinion..

I'd say he needs to post at least a schematic of the map and what map type it is. If it's an open map then I'd want the shock and maybe the sniper rifle, if it's a closed map then I'd want the RL and the flak. Plasma rifle is always a good bet, as is the minigun. No ripper!!! (I kill myself with it too often.) ;) I'd agree with nemesis about the powerups, although I'd probably say to put one in a hidden spot and one in a contested area. Maybe put the keg in a really hard to reach area if it's a larger map.

'Fect

ArKile

Just another grunt
Nov 15, 1999
Warrington, England
www.planetunreal.com
grrrr

Aint I just an idiot

CTF-Diamond Samurai

2 routes

1) outdoor open air route with sniper points and an open air cave

dsamurai04b.jpg

2) underground route, wide corridors with a narrow bridge for a choke point

dsamurai02b.jpg

ok, now you might be able to give me the ansewers

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Looking sweet as usual:)
RL, Shock, Sniper, Mini, Pulse
I'd like to see the Keg in that map...for some reason it seems like a kegger map. Umm a hidden amp would be nice on both sides. zats about it:)

Ineffectual

May 31, 2000
students.washington.edu
Yeah I think Shadow's options are good and the keg would be a cool idea, maybe on the bridge or something and hidden amps are the way to go. Maybe an invisibility would add spice to the outer open area, but invis isn't my favorite powerup.

'Fect

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Ineff it's amazing you said the Keg would be good on the bridge, I thought the same thing:D

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Looking awesome. Those pics remind me of some of the good ol' SiN CTF maps.

Indeed, the bridge would be an awesome place to fight over the keg. A more well-hidden location for the amp might be nice, adding a little spice to the firefights.

If the map is fairly large, shield belts are a must, one in each base.

Invis is nice, but not the most useful in CTF.

As for weapons, Shock, RL, Flak, Mini and Sniper are important; Plasma and Bio have their uses too. I'd like to see a Ripper-free map, but then I'm biased against that weapon.

Again, depending on the scale of the map: you might opt for a Redeemer if it's a big map. If it's medium or small sized, maps without Redeemers make for great matches too. :)

-
chainsaw.GIF

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Wolf|PuF
Combo2a.gif

-]LoL[ Counter-Sniper and Shock-Ho