Too much RAM???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

canuck7

Aug 26, 2000
Visit site
I have a p3 700mghz machine and was running UT great with 256 megs of RAM. Recently I upgraded to 512 and now UT keeps crashing anywhere from 2-5 minutes into a game. No error message, just desktop. I tested the RAM in multiple configurations and it runs great with 384. I've tested other games and they don't have any problems so I'm stumped as to why the extra RAM would be making it crash. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

PS. Sorry for the double post but this problem is really bugging me.

Canuck7

Kaz

Godlike Drunken Spammer
Jun 21, 2000
California
One or both of the RAM chips could be bad/damaged RAM...might want to test the RAM.

Kaz

canuck7

Aug 26, 2000
Visit site
In my previous post I stated that I did test the RAM and all of it is good. The only program that gives me grief is UT.

Canuck7

Switch[UF]

Jan 27, 2000
www.unfear.com
Some m0bos might work less desirably if you fill up all the sdram slots...

If everything works fine when you've filled all but one that could be the problem.

canuck7

Aug 26, 2000
Visit site
ok, tried that just now with an extra 64 meg dimm I had and everything works fine at 448mb. Any other ideas? Does anyone else run a configuration with this much RAM so at least I know it does work?

Canuck7

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I think Mr. Smallberries has 512 ram. You might want to ask him.

I'm at 128 so I wouldn't know. :eek:

canuck7

Aug 26, 2000
Visit site
Cool, thanks for the replies, maybe an upgrade to ME might help, ahh well I'll figure this darn thing out eventually.

Canuck7