umm i got a BIG small problem:o)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

X

Soul on Ice
Apr 24, 2000
ON,CA
Well i'm not sure if it's a bug with the editor or just.. well i really don't know but i'm trying to deintersect this sheet and well what it ends up doing is make a builder brush of the sourounding area, anyone have this problem? and how do i fix/get around this?

X

Soul on Ice
Apr 24, 2000
ON,CA
actuallly i have rebuilt the geometry/bsp , i learned my leasson while trying to add curves to platform intersections, i always ended up intersecting it and the whole builder block disapeared. heh

X

Soul on Ice
Apr 24, 2000
ON,CA
oh yeah and how is a 128x128 sheet suppose to deintersect a 800x20x100 size area :) ??

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
I learned: NEVER EVER (de)intersect a sheet!

Really weird things can happen if you do it.

oh yeah and how is a 128x128 sheet suppose to deintersect a 800x20x100 size area ??

Why don't you just increase the size of the sheet?

i-spie

Jun 28, 2000
Toronto
Visit site
When I use a sheet for say....a zone barrier I never de/intersect it....I always let it over hang the brush for which it is going through...that way its air tight and no freeky BSP sh**.......

NutWrench

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
I never deintersect a sheet brush, especially if I'm going to use it as a Zone Portal, because it can 'fracture' the sheet brush (introduce coplanar polygons) and cause weird stuff to happen.

X

Soul on Ice
Apr 24, 2000
ON,CA
8-4-7-2, that's how much the sheet de-intersected, not how much i wanted it to, a poly somehow duplicated a whole section of my level into a builder brush. Well i wanteed to deintersect the brush so i wouldn't get all the funky stuff because i didn't want any leaks in the level, since i would deintersect, the face would make a perfect seal without any excess giving a clean split. I've used other portal based editors and well it never made a diference if there were splits in the portal, hell in the game i've never seen a hom effect unless the rooms shell was open

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
don't

lol i've learned not to intersect/deintersect sheets it messes things up, just let it hang over like i-spie said, it works for me