Umod help file

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

admiral95

Jun 22, 2000
Little Elm, TX, USA
I couldn't find my post earlier about me having to reinstall my UT because I was getting an error when I went to install a file that came in the format of umod.
I had downloaded a few mods, in the format of umod files, well when I went to double-click it the error came up saying Unreal Tournament must be installed to folder C:\UnrealTournament, when I knew it was already there. So I went out and found a helpful hint/fix without having to reinstall UT al the way! I knew others had this problem prior to me, so maybe this will help someone else that may be having the same problem. You'll know your having this problem when you get the same error when you go to add/remove pgms from Windows, and it says C:\UnrealTournament doesn't exist. Hope this helps someone out, it helped me out!!

There are a few ways you can fix this:

Re-install the latest Unreal Patch. This will re-associate the umod file type to the un-modified setup program.
Change the file association manually using Windows Explorer. Click on View | Folder Options then select File Types tab. Scroll down the list until you find the Unreal Module file type, then click the Edit button. Select the "Install this Unreal Tournament module" action and click on Edit, now change the path so that it points to the setup program in your Unreal Tournament folder. Make sure that the command line looks something like this:

"<ut path>\system\setup.exe" install "%1"

Where <ut> is the path to your Unreal Tournament game folder e.g. C:\UnrealTournament.
The first of the two methods is the easiest as it involves less messing around with Windows Explorer. If you're uncomfortable modifying the Windows Explorer file types, then I recommend using the first method to fix this problem.

All taken from http://www.planetunreal.com/umodwizard/