Strange server bug

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hammer

Dec 6, 1999
Greensboro, NC, USA
Visit site
Lately I have noticed certain servers behaving very strangely. The models are all mixed up. They don't animate, the colors are wrong, and dead body just seem to hang around after a kill. Sometime you see people swimming through the air. This only happened to me lately, including the Roost on Saturday. I upgraded to 428 thinking that might be the problem but it didn't. It only happens on certain servers. The latest time was on Roosters server last Saturday. Any ideas??

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
HA ROO!! SEE, IT WASNT ONLY ME!!!!!

Ok Hammer, here EXACTLY what you must do.

DELETE UT. Not uninstall or reinstall over it, DELETE it. (i had to do this too)

Now, after deletion, load everything again.(do not load RA if you play that)

Then load each patch. 413 and up.

But, test the game out first with each patch. (preferably on the server you saw the glitch on) If UT works, then backup the UT folder (via copy and paste it somewhere else)before you install the next patch.

If you install the next patch and the game is ****ed, delete that ut folder and replace it wit hthe backup up one.

Keep making backups of each working UT patch untill you finally get 428 working. ITs tedious, but it worked for me. I had no choice and had to delete UT 3 times.

Hammer

Dec 6, 1999
Greensboro, NC, USA
Visit site
Please say you're kidding and this is a terrible joke:( I was running 420 before and everything was cool. I just recently noticed this problem and saw that the Roost was running 428 and thought, maybe I should go ahead and upgrade. I assume you mean delete the UT folder and not just the exe??

The_Ruiner

Masterful
OMG!!!!! That's EXACTLY what's been happening to me Hammer. It may not be my connection after all. Roosteror DA, does this mean the 428 patch is the problem or the fact that successive patches have been installed? Hammer did you show PL when this occured? Because I used to ping great on the Roost and now I experienced the same thing. :(

Hammer

Dec 6, 1999
Greensboro, NC, USA
Visit site
I didn't really notice the connection because I was so freaked out by the model errors. I couldn't tell who was on my team, etc. I was running 420 and have not had any problems until recently. I think it is 425/428 servers but I am going to try DA's solution when I get a chance.

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
We dont know if its the patch itself, or maybe an error while upgrading the versions

Either way, the prob is fixed after you do everything i say

==Cl@nKi113r==

This space for hire.
Jul 24, 2000
Visit site
Hm....seems like this problem *might* be related to the no-cd patch.
If u ppl experiencing this are running it, try replace the unrealtournament.exe with the original one.

(I guess replacing the 428 exe with the one from the CD and reapplying the 428 patch would do the trick...)

Worth a try anyway, not?

(Any feedback wether this problem have been encountered without the no-cd patch would also be useful...)