No More Unreal Tech-Support?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

doc_mercury

Aug 21, 2000
East Coast
Visit site
Maybe I'm crazy here, but is there no live support for Unreal anymore? I've heard rumors that GT isn't doing ANY tech support (aside from the essentially useless FAQs on their website) for ANY games anymore. As someone who experienced a big pile of issues w/ UT, I was VERY thankful to have a LIVE person to talk to about it all. Nothing else had worked for me.

Maybe Infogrames has a no-support policy, but let me just say I think it sucks and I hope GT fights to offer the kind of support they USED to offer their customers.

Nazgul

Aug 4, 2000
Visit site
If you send them an e-mail you get an agent-reply, stating that they read all bug-reports but don't have the time to give individual answers to all questions. However, I know for a fact that they DO read them.

I think that they are in over their heads at Epic. The code for UT is a hog and the hog has gone rampant (that's usually the case when patches are released at three-week intervals). UT is over two years old (the engine is even older, I think). Games usually don't last that long and this is what happens when they get too successful.