What the f |_|c|< happened to ma fog?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

|\|E|_|TR0|\|

f00k C4p1t4l1sM
Aug 8, 2000
Everywhere
I was studying some user made maps in unrealed some days ago and i found, to my astonishment (forgive my spelling), that certain areas of the map had fog that i never saw in the game! It's not like I didn't notice it while playing, it just wasn't there! I thought it had somethin' ta do with the brightness setting since it was at ------[]--- so I moved it down to around ----[]------ but no difference (spelling mistake?). I then changed the colour setting to 32bit and still no difference. So, what the hell's wrong?! I can't remember exactly what the display configuration is under preferences (hell i don't even know if it has anything to do with display config) so don't ask. Any help would be appreciated

Switch[UF]

Jan 27, 2000
www.unfear.com
Hi!

I'm not sure which preferences you are talking about, but I've seen fog settings in the advanced preferences. You can find the advanced by typing preferences in the console. Just look through all the settings and you might find something. While you're there you could turn of some of that nasty stuff you really don't want anyway.

You can get to the console by hitting the key you've assigned to it (usually tilde ~) or from the menu.

BTW, have you had problems with fog on any of the custom maps? The only map I can think of right now with fog in it is Hydro16. Up above the minigun where the flag is. There's a shield belt up there too for those of you who didn't know. It might come in handy if a bunch of people would come running with big nasty weapons and stuff. :)

Good luck!

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Yah, that's the only place I noticed fog in a map too. I know that my graphics card has a setting to enable or disable fog. But I haven't seen anything in the advanced preferences:(. Now, since I upgraded to patch 420, I never see fog. With the 413, there was fog, but not now. BTW...I think if you set volumetric lighting, Coronas, dynamic lighting and world detail to max...you will see the fog.

FYI, I had UT since it came out and I thought I knew everything in the advanced preferences...but yesterday I was in the advanced prefences and noticed you can turn skin and world detail to "Ultra Low". This option is not available in the UT menus. Hmmm...learn something everyday. Oh...UT is really ugly at ultra low:).