continual lockups

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dzurlord

Aug 20, 2000
Visit site
If anyone can help, please do.

I have

K7-600
384 meg ram
geforce ddr
sb live
48X cdrom
Windows ME

I Can get into the game but within 5 minutes I will either freeze in game( no mouse or movement, then crash) or crash to desktop.

I have tried all patches, tried the alternate d3d files, changed drivers numerous times, unistalled, reinstalled, defrag, format the harddrive and reinstall.

this also happens in windows 98se for me.

I am running out of Ideas, pleas help.

thanks

Dzurlord

racingwolf

Aug 20, 2000
Germany
hello.to
I have no solution to your problem, but I heard of some people having conflicts between their video card and sb live
I would take out the sb and run UT again, just to see if it
runs smoothly then or the sb has not anything to do with the issue
maybe IRQ sharing could be the problem

DIGITRON

a few digits shy
May 3, 2000
IOWA
Visit site
ive been having a similar problem. after about an hout of playing i cant pick up rocket launchers then i loose movement and mouse control.

i immediately have to quit ut, reboot, and start up again, and then ut still doesnt run properly.

ive noticed a lot of people "skating" around lately and im not sure but it looked like they where all skating around in a crouch.

i think its ver 428 but im not sure.

any suggestions anyone?

Dzurlord

Aug 20, 2000
Visit site
fix (maybe)

I just reinstalled my sblive,with the lates drivers, downloaded livewire and installed and started playing with eax enabled in UT and have not had a lock up in two days. will let you know if i get one. I am currently patched to 405b and will start moving up.

this looks to be the fix to my problem. Hope this will help someone else.

thanks to all