PDA

View Full Version : whats the best MOD?PLEASE HELP!!!

Zigg
15th Aug 2000, 03:03 PM
this game kicks ***, well i just bought this game yesturday and it rocks. i used to play tfc and halflife but i installed a new hardrive and it doesnt work for some reason when i try to play online. So i bought this game, and im looking for some great mods that have the counter-strike or TFC game play in them or does anyone have a other mods that everyone is raving about? thanks for your time

eh
15th Aug 2000, 04:27 PM
everyone like infileration but I think it's pretty stupid, agent x is great with realistic weapons, u4ever has weird weapons and plenty of them, swat is like swat almost every first person shooter has a couple swat type mods, and strike force which is like swat but better, usk8 this really weird one that nobody really knows about but it's a third person view skateboarding mod were you do tricks and stuff, theres unloaded a top view shooting game thing for it didn't work for me so I don't know if it's good, And chaos ut, weird check it out, well those Are the mods that stand out in my mind

Bozo=MD=
15th Aug 2000, 05:22 PM
In my opinion you should try these three out:
1. Infiltration - "Real" weapons on UT maps and player-made urban maps. Downpoints: You can carry all weapons at the same time... Not a lot of online players... (New version on it's way. Out real soon...)
2. Strike Force - Strike Force and Terrorists battle it out, "real" weapons, and different characters with different fav weapons, can't carry more than two weapons. Downside: Still buggy... Bots don't do squat... (New version on it's way. Out real soon...)
3. Tactical Ops - Hostage rescue with SWAT vs Terrorists, "real" weapons, you have to "buy" new weapons and ammo for money you make during the missions, can't carry all weapons around. Downside: Limited playing styles (yet)... Sounds like you're wearing high heels when you walk around... (New version on it's way. Out real soon...)
They all have pros and cons, so just download 'em all and try 'em out. Well, that's it from me.
Happy fragging, and welcome to our community! :D

eh
15th Aug 2000, 05:41 PM
don't download them all there memory eaters and they screw ip the game read the descreptions of each the one you like best try that if you don't like that you won't like the rest.

titanus
16th Aug 2000, 09:13 AM
I recommend Tactical Ops and Strike Force

Also try RA:UT

Unknown Mapper
17th Aug 2000, 10:49 PM
unreal forever is much better than all those tedious real world mods. worth the download for the nuclear bomb doll and spider grenades alone. well, those and the light saber and the rail gun and the freeze gun and the shrinker gun and... i could go on all day :)

trust me, strike force and infiltration are waaaay over-rated, get U4E instead.

Moderation
18th Aug 2000, 10:42 PM
No Problem.
The best mod is probably NIUT(No Items UT). You can download it here. (http://www.planetunreal.com/niu) ;)