I'm new and I need some help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ark-Eyes

Jan 3, 2000
members.tripod.com
To be truthful I've play Unreal once, I usually play Half-life, Quake, Quake 2. I need to create a building in a 3D world for a project and I heard this is the easist and best engine for making maps. Is this true or am I better off with WorldCraft? I booted up the editor and went to the help file, but it wasn't there, infact it isn't on the disc either. Is there a place I can download this?
Also I have no idea what to do, I made a cube and I couldn't do anything with it. Can someone out there help me?

AR41885

Dec 15, 1999
Visit site
Hey-

From what I've seen, yes, UnrealEd is really the easiest to work with. Unfortunately, they haven't made a help file yet (it sucks I know! /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif ) But you should first go to www.unrealed.net and http://unreal.gamedesign.net and check out their beginner tutorials --- they are very good and don't assume anything. Good luck!

bullet2.gif

Alex

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
I'm gonna warn you right now. Be wary of the time constraint of the project. If it's needed soon you may be better off with an editor you're more familiar with. UnrealEd can take some time to get used to especially if you're accustomed to Q2/HL editors.

This wasn't said to keep anybody away from UnrealEd it's just that I find it's bad business practice to have a person start with something they've never used before for a possibly important project.