Cheating in Face????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tolli

Jul 28, 2000
I was playing face on a public server some days ago, and I felt like defending the flag, so I find me some Sniper Rifles and ammo and snipe. And there was a he\she that I fragged several times running with the flag

And he called me a cheeter because I sniped too much....He is`t right is he????

I mean it is a team play and if he gets "sniped" alot he can tell his team to frag that sniping f*%& up on the roof

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
The only way that you can be cheating with the sniper rifle on Face is if you're sniping respawning players. Otherwise you were just playing some hardnosed defense. :)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The way to handle that is to

A) Target that person specifically with your Rifle.
B) Put down the Rifle and go chase him down and smack 'em down with the RL

Just be mindful that you aren't sniping and ignoring the rest of your team's needs.

ShinyObject

You're making me blush.
Jun 14, 2000
Ohio
Did you call him a cheater for moving too much? That's about how silly his argument was.

Tolli

Jul 28, 2000
Next time I snipe and somebody translocate too much I will tell them to stop doing that because I can`t hit them..lol

Darkie

Uhm, I'm a sniper hater and therefore I have a hobby called SniperHunting.

What's the fun in sniping? standing there doing nothing but sniping?

sure I snipe sometimes in good caus of the team but that's only to wipe out the other snipers.

If your sniping a lot and your good well the fun in the game ends fast :( but then again.... wipe out snipers = fun.

Have a good one.
D.

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
I hate if someone snipes in a DM game. Well, if he does, I hunt him down until he dies. However, what you did was totally legal, although I wouldn't do it (it's boring IMHO). You just defended the base. As long as you don't SpawnSnipe, it's ok to snipe in a CTF game. Especially on Face, I hate that map, everybody wants to snipe on that map.

Aug 7, 2000
Moat people hate snipers (I don't)........because they always get a headshot in face while running off with the flag......the sniper rifle is just one of the UT weapons.........so I don't see why not to use it.........

-Revenant

Bozo=MD=

Official BuF-clown
Aug 7, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
I guess this thread does it's own talking! It's a good example of the different player types that are needed in a game. This does not apply in DM/TDM games though! It's more or less specific for tactical games like CTF.
What you need is:
* A team - playing as a team.
* Offense - going after the enemy flag and clearing their base.
* Hunters - chasing down key elements of the opposing team (ie snipers, Redeemer-flyers, flag carriers).
* Support - to provide covering fire for attacking players and flag carriers coming home.
* Defense - to protect the teams own flag and to keep the home base free from enemies.
So, there's room for all playing styles in a good team, and noone is more important than the other. You have to choose a role that you're comfortable with, and that you're (reasonably) good at, and then hope that the others in your team do the same. So, instead of complaining about snipers, hunt 'em and kill 'em. Instead of complaining about getting run down in your own base, clear it out.
There's room for everyone in the UT-universe!
'Nuff said, go frag!

Tolli

Jul 28, 2000
Sniping=fun, because what`s more fun than having a head shot when someone is running away with our flag....but then again I hate spawn sniping.....The most fun way to kill a sniper on face is when he is standing on the left or right side of the base and snipe, find yourself a redeemer and hunt down the sniper...fun

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
What you did was perfectly legal. If his team can't take you down, or if he can't avoid you, that means they aren't good enough to earn the flag capture. That is what the game is all about, if you're not good enough, you don't get the point.