Quake doing a UT conversion?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TwoHardCore

Feb 1, 2000
Calgary, Canada
Now don't think I'm trying to start a spam war, but check this out. I was browsing through PlanetQuake tonight, and found that there are ppl in the Quake community that are doing a UT conversion of some maps....and you though Quakers hated UT, hehe.

I only saw a couple maps, like Tempest and Morpheus I think? and I'm not sure what exactly their doing (their calling it a mod) but anyway, I thought some peeps might be interested in this. You can check it out if ya want: http://www.planetquake.com/meanarena/

Hehe, I found this quite amusing. Apparently not all Quackers, err...ummm, Quakers, hate UT:) BTW, I found the maps to look a bit funny, but the wall/floor textures look awesome. The lights look like crap though:( Oi, maybe time to get some zzz's.

Entropica{KS}

nepenthe's temporary body
Jul 19, 2000
Wow, THC, up late!

Yah, there was a thread a few weeks ago about Mean Arena... I even emailed them to ask if this was legal. They just wrote back saying: "We aren't using any commercial material."

Before I got my Voodoo5, I was a *little* excited, since Q3A ran so nice on my sys and UT didn't... but now UT runs like a dream, so....

Entropica{KS}

TwoHardCore

Feb 1, 2000
Calgary, Canada
eheh, I'm always up this time... call me lame, but I'm actually waiting for a F1 race to come on! Starts in about an hour:)

And actually F1-2000 is prolly the best game that I've played. I just never seem to be able to pry myself away from UT long enough to play any other game I've got though:( And I've got some great games too.

Anyhoo, do you know if the Q-team is adding the UT weapons or something? Why is it a mod? It looks like their just releasing UT conversion maps to me....