Glass once more

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Agent_Nord

Skilled
Jul 30, 2000
Visit site
Okay strange thing here. I did everything you said 8-4-7-2 but i found that once i got the glass shatter effect and there was sound but then the glass was not solid. I could walk through it, i fixed this now the glass is solid till its shot butttt it disappers when it is shot instead of shattering please help its driving me mad and yes i have used a breaking glass actor so why isnt it working thanks
Nord

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
At first you could have posted this in your first post as reply. But no problem!

As I don't really get it, I'll tell you how the the thing works:

The glass is a mover with a move time of zero. This means it disappears instantly. The "BreakingGlass" actor does 3 things:
1.)It's the trigger for the mover, activated when shot
2.)It produces the pieces of glass
3.)It creates the breaking sound

I suppose it's a DM map. So you want to come the glass back so that other players can shoot it again. In singlepayer maps (e.g. for Unreal) you set the glass to "bMoveOnceOnly = true). Then the mover doesn't com back. Try this, perhaps it helps. I think you placed an invisible collosion hull! Is it one mover?

Please describe your problem a bit more detailed and clear.
Sorry, perhaps it's just me ;)

i-spie

Jun 28, 2000
Toronto
Visit site
I have a demo map of breakable glass that you can downlaod.

http://www.visto.com
login: i-spie

You can see how the textures are set and what 8472 was saying about the mover...throw this demo into the editor and see the settings for yourself.....

Good Luck!

Agent_Nord

Skilled
Jul 30, 2000
Visit site
Heres how i did it

First of all thanks blaze i had that tutorial but it didnt work.8-4-7-2 I am using unrealed 2.0 for an unreal tournament level heres what i did. First i measured up the glass for the window i then created it as a sheet with its texture i then created a cube brush around it and made it an invisible hull thingy, by the way the two didnt touch like you said they shoudlnt. I then highlighted both of them and created a brush and intersected it to get the shape. I then moved the brush to the right position in the window and created it as a mover.I set its 0keyframe to that position then it's 1st to far away outside my room. Now i added a breaking glass actor and ran it it worked but the problem is, wait for it the glass is shot and it breaks but the glass remains there till the player walks into it then it moves like a door i want it to block until it is shot out then it should let plyers through can you help me sorry bout the grammar its 5.30 in the mroning over here thats why thanks
Nord

i-spie

Jun 28, 2000
Toronto
Visit site
under mover properties there is a space labled "damage"...enter the value you want the mover to suffer before it will move...I use 10 so everything will move it. Also, select "ignore when encroached" and use timed opened instead of "bump opened timed"....look at my demo...all the settings are there.....

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Like i-spie said you must of course set the mover to "BumpOpenTimed". I'm pretty sure that's the problem!
Also change the stay open time to 4 or s.th. so that the glass doesn't com back at one!

Agent_Nord

Skilled
Jul 30, 2000
Visit site
Dammit im going Fing crazy

Okay thanks for all the help but im still suffering i havent left the house for 4 weeks and i am going crazy with this glass. Now my problem is when i shoot the window the glass smashes but stays there then when it is shot again it disappears how do i make it smash and disappear at the same time. The settings for the mover are below:

Events:
event: b1
tag:Mover
mover:
bdamage trigger: True
Bump Type: BT_playerBump
buse trigger: false: if i set this to true the glass doesnt smash
damage threshold:0.00000
mover enroach: ME_ignorewhenenroach
movergldie time: MV_glidebytime
stay open time : 4.00
Collision:
blockplayers:True
projtarget: false
Advanced
bnodelete: false
object:
initial state: TriggeropenTimed
then theres the settings for the glass actor:

Advanced:
bnodelete: false
collision:
blockplayers: false
projtarget:true
effects
onlytriggerable:false
events:
event:b1
tag:breakingglass

sorry about all that but please help me

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
That's a weird problem and I'm really curious to find a solution!

In general you havn't to change all those deatiled settings.

then created a cube brush around it and made it an invisible hull thingy

This isn't the problem but I give you an advice.
Don't build the hull around the sheet. Make your hull 2 units thick and 2 units on each side smaller than the sheet (if the sheet is 128*128 make the hull 126*126*2) Then place the hull 2 units (un a 2 unit grid) away from the sheet.

This is the way the Epic guys did all glass in Unreal 1.
Your method works too, but it may look strange.

Do a forum search for "glass". There was a post by G-Man I think with a similar problem. He couldn't shoot the glass from both sides.

Well I don't know a solution. It should work, when I look at this settings! :confused: :confused: