PDA

View Full Version : I need help...

Bozo=MD=
12th Aug 2000, 12:24 PM
Ok, so I'm a loser, but at least I'm willing to say it out loud... Why, you ask? Hrm, 'cause I can't figure out how to chat with y'all... I start up UT, open up the "Find Internet Games"-tab, then acivate the "Chat"-folder. I select the server and #planetunreal, and hit logon. Then I se a whole sh*tload of text flicker by on my screen, and when it ends nomatter what I do it keeps telling me that I have no channel selected. Eh...duh...what the hey am I supposed to do to be able to chat with ya?
Yeah, I've never IRC'd in my life, so shot me! :)
Help...? Puleeeze...?

RizMan|PuF
14th Aug 2000, 02:50 AM
are you sure you didn't make a spelling mistake.
the channel is #planetunreal. If this wasn't the error, then try typing, when you connected to the gameslink server, "/join #planetunreal" (w/o quotes)
If it still doesn't work, try joining the channel using a IRC software like mIRC (www.mirc.com) They are more powerful IMHO.
Are you hiding behind a firewall? That could be a problem, though I don't know to solve that, cause I have no clue about firewalls. I only know that I can't acces IRC at work because the network is behind a firewall, damnit.

Bozo=MD=
14th Aug 2000, 06:34 AM
I'll try that tonight.
I haven't misspelled it though, and I'm not behind a firewall... Maybe mIRC's the only way to go for me... I guess we'll know soon! :)