How good is opengl

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
lol.. hardly :)
opengl sucks and barely ever works.. in fact, I remember hearing about Epic planning on ditching atleast the support of everything else except their D3D engine for their future UT engine based games..

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
opengl sucks and barely ever works

Clarification: UT's OpenGL support sucks and barely ever works.

OpenGL itself is not a bad 3D Graphics API when used by a skilled programmer. If you believe elsewise, I've got three letters for you: SGI.

It's more the fact that Epic doesn't know how to get Unreal/Unreal Tournament to work properly in anything other than Glide. The D3D support isn't good, it just sucks less than OpenGL within UT.

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
okok, I should have been more precise :)
I meant that UT's OpenGL support sucks; Q3A is a great example of how good OGL could be in UT