Does your Unreal Tournament Freeze on Startup?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fusiontrio

Aug 11, 2000
www.fusiontrio.com
If your game just pauses during the splash screen, or simply does not run, there's a chance that it's because of the copy protection used by the publisher of Unreal Tournament. Does it also happen with Earth 2150 also? Age of Empires? If so, it's most definately SafeDisc.
SafeDisc, a copy protection scheme created by C-Dilla, now a part of MacroVision, involves the burning of bad sectors into the master CD as a "signature". This signature is then read every time you attempt to run the game, and used to unlock the actual game executable.

Unfortunately, there's a long and growing list of CD-ROMs that are imcompatible with this supposed "universal" copy protection scheme.

I've put up a petition and open letter at http://www.fusiontrio.com/safedisc/ that you can read and sign. This petition will be forwarded to Macrovision, C-Dilla, and every game publisher that chooses to continue to use this copy protection scheme. Please make sure to use your real name and real e-mail address, otherwise your signature is worthless to the cause. I will not ever mail you, other than a possible "thanks for signing" message.

As well, once you've signed the petition, you'll be given access to a universal SafeDisc unwrapper that will help you play the games that you paid for.

I hope this helps...

Dustin / FusionTrio