Weapon mods

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hierophant

Aug 10, 2000
Visit site
I'm just getting into the whole "mod" thing and started by downloading some weapons to use with my original Unreal.

I follow the directions with the mods and put the "*.u" files in the Unreal\System directory then try to "SUMMON" them in a game, but nothing happens.

Will weapon modifications work at all with the original Unreal or am I going about this all wrong?

I'm sure it's something stupid, but hey, I want to try something new.

Thanks,
Hiero

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
were they made for Unreal or UT? I've never gotten into the mod scene for Unreal but I would think the author would actually replace the weapons (atleast that's how they usually work in the UT weapons mods), not force you to summon them.
just out of curiosity, how exactly are you trying to summon the weapons? it should be something like summon filename.item. ie; say you have a mod called newweap.u that has a gepgun.. it would be: summon newweap.gepgun or something like that
if they were made for UT, I really doubt they would work. :) you should buy UT if you don't already have it; its worth the $40 or however much it is nowadays

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
1. are you sure you installed them in the right directory? I often think I do, but the winzip files sometimes already contain the directories. So for example, if I would unzip them in the wong directory they could be in a place like this: C:\games\unreal\system\system\weapon.un(or whatever filename)

2.the summoning names of imported weapons aree diferent. I can't tell what mod you are using, but it should be something like this: summon u4e4.nuker. That is a weapon from the Unreal4ever mod. as you can see there is are two different names with a dot in between. Make sure you read the help-files that came with your mod correctly

Hierophant

Aug 10, 2000
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies.

I think I'm doing everything right according to the help files and your suggestions.

1. I'm sure I'm unzipping to the right directory (I've tried several different ones just to be sure)
2. I do use the "SUMMON FILE.WEAPON" syntax. This syntax works for the built-in weapons and objects of course, just not the new ones.
3. I DON'T know for sure that they were made for Unreal not UT, but some of the dates seem too early for UT.

Any more suggestions would be great, or maybe I'll just try some of the other mods that have been suggested.

Hierophant

Aug 10, 2000
Visit site
Well, I took the time to try some of the mods listed in the replies and these are working great!

I've succesfully gotten U4E and Serpentine to work and am going to try Infiltration as well. It seems the ones that use the "umod" file to install work better.

Thanks again for the replies, but these mods should keep me busy for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.